Thread: Converting .mp3 to .caf

Converting .mp3 to .caf

I am having an issue which i need to solved with the help of yours. So if you can then please let me know how to convert .mp3 to .caf. As i wanted to convert the SMS and email to phone of mine for which i required this conversion. I have searched a lot for anything that work with me did not find any. Any help may be appreciated. Thanks you.

Re: Converting .mp3 to .caf

I am using the Quicktime Pro utility tools which makes the same conversion for me as you are looking for. This tools is having the nice feature for making the conversion in the .caf file format. So if you wanted to make the same conversion then you have to try the Quicktime Pro that will help you for the issue of your.

I will advise you to go with the Switch Audio Converter that i have used and liked the performance of the same. After the download of the same just install this onto your system and after that start the application and import the .MP3 file. Now select the format of the file that you want to make the conversion to. That's it!!!!!

I am having one utility that exactly perform the conversion from the MP3 to CAF format that you are looking for. The one which i am talking about is known as the Live CD Ripper that performs exactly same as you are looking for. So if you like it then download if and install and let me know whether you are getting it work.

If you are using the Mac OS X then let me tell you that you can use the inbuilt converter tools of the Mac. It is known as the afconvert command-line tool. All you have to do is to type the below given command with the input and output format that you wanted to make. So try this out and see whether it is working for you or not.
    Code:
    /usr/bin/afconvert -f caff -d LEI16 {INPUT} {OUTPUT}

I am using the Adobe Audition to make the MP3 to AIF format conversion and after that convert to the CAF file format. Actually the Adobe Audition can make the conversion to the AIF file format and then after just change the extension of the file to the .CAF file format and you will be able to use it as the .caf format.

If you are using the iTunes then also you can make the same conversion of MP3 to the .CAF file format. All you have to do is to Go to the preference in the iTunes and import the file which you wanted to convert. And convert it to the AIFF format. Not copy the file and paste it somewhere and rename it as .caf file. That's it!!!!!!