Thread: Should i upgrade to OS4 on my ipod touch (jailbroken)

Should i upgrade to OS4 on my ipod touch (jailbroken)

Hi, I am running with a 3rd gen 8GB ipod touch one 3.1.3 jailbroken with spirit. I got something that the OS4 is fine but will there be a difference ? And will this be fast as previous one ? Because my ipod touch have already the capability of multitasking through the backgrounder. And if I made some upgrade then will this wipe out my entire application and related components ?

Currently, I synced my jailbroken application with the help of itunes. I also download the application , put this within the mobile applications directory and I have associated this to the library. I have installed itunes 9.1 currently and I am just wondering that if itunes 9.2 will not allow that.When I sync, the application syncs right in 0_0 without authorization and stuff. So, I have some questions regarding this :

1. Will my ipod still be jailbroken when I would update to OS4?
    2. Will the installation of iTunes 9.2 mess up with my overall music/cracked application Library
    3. Should I go for upgrade to OS4

Re: Should i upgrade to OS4 on my ipod touch (jailbroken)

Before going to do anything and whatever confusions you have regarding this. You have to answer me about some questions here. Are you running with an MC ipod ? I have read that there is not a jailbreak for the OS4 yet for MC. I am running with an MC myself and didn't performed the jailbreak and all yet. I am just considering to downgrade to 3.1.2 with this such guidelines, but I see you have 3.1.3 so if you do have MC can you tell me the steps to jailbreak this?

I am running with some little bit confusion here. I am just thinking that which one should I go for. If I done the upgrade of my Ipod Touch to OS4, will I lost my jailbreak? In case, If I lost my jailbreak then Do you have any method to have entire components that I have saved earlier ? Just as my themes? I require a method to perform the jailbreak OS4 and still keep my entire components from my 3.1.3 software.

Hi Bangari ,
    This the answer for your query and you know, I was having the same confusion that you have currently but discussed with some experts and they suggested me well..Please consider on this points :

1. Your iPod will not be jailbroken when you perform the update to iOS 4.
    2. Updating to iTunes 9.2 didn't make any affect on the iTunes library nor has it affect on the list of cracked Applications.
    3. I have upgraded to iOS 4 but there are a number of Cydia application which I have not been ported to iOS 4 yet so whenever I perform the installation of something latest which messes with MobileSubstrate my iTouch always moves into the Safe Mode. According to me , I don't think iOS 4 is wost the hassel for an iTouch. I have my jailbroken iOS 4 just because I am getting so lazy to downgrade.

Hummm ...the only things which can be changed within the os 4 is that only you can be able to change the background, store and implement the appropriate application in the directories, multi tasking and zooming on the camera.

They are the actual differences so its depends on you and you will decide if you consider its worth it. As about me, I have done it and I like this and really fine ..

The latest update has been having a number of issues with games crashing and the reason is that they are not supported with multitasking. So , If Apple does not aware about how to resolve it and they made the ipod then according to me, it is much good off jailbroken. One more thing, if you have jailbreak with OS4 installer does not work.