Thread: Sansa Fuze not recognized in Windows XP

Sansa Fuze not recognized in Windows XP

I need your help very desperately. I want to put some photos, music and videos into my Sansa Fuze 8GB. But the problem is that when I am connecting it to my system which is having Windows XP, it is not getting detected. When I connect that to system, the message "New hardware device detected" pops up but the device is not getting detected. Also I don't think that there should be some issues of virus, since I am having an updated anti-virus. Please help me as early as you can.!!

Re: Sansa Fuze not recognized in Windows XP

Watch me too but I have a 4GB Sansa. You say that your pc does not recognize you should try changing the options in Preferences, so USB , and put appropriate since one is for the pc to recognize it as an audio and video device, and the other option that I see is for it will recognize it as a data storage device. But with this even if you do not recognize it, you should see then the operating system you have installed, since it is possible that the PC does not have the required drivers, tested with Windows XP SP2 or SP3, Windows Vista or Windows Seven. You can also visit the site and request Sandisk draw frame aid for the user. Good luck!!

Have you tried using a previous firmware? Do you have WMP 10 installed? To say that the Sansa is a device marked "PlaysForSure" MTP protocol and Microsoft. You can download a kit on the Microsoft site. Seeking MTP on http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/. Sansa e270 + theme (PSP official firmware) + Acotil Blue Plasma (Rockbox firmware). Windows Vista or Mac OS X? No thank you, my favorite system is Linux, Ubuntu and free software. Hope that you will get some help from that site.

The main reason of this problem according to me is the MTP. You should be knowing about it, to do some troubleshooting. The MTP is a transfer protocol based on the protocol (PTP) Picture Transfer Protocol, widely used with digital cameras. It is a proprietary Microsoft protocol, originally designed to run on operating systems (Windows XP, Windows Vista) from the same company and mainly intended to establish binding limits for the user. it is also necessary to use a compatible player and manager DRM for enjoying music, coincidentally WMP (Windows Media Player).

The MTP includes technological protection measures (DRM for Digital Rights Management) to restrict the user rights to the protected files. For example, some files to WMA (Windows Media Audio) format can be read only if accompanied by a licensed or used on a limited number of machines, are incompatible with most readers and may prevent or interfere with digital extraction.