Thread: Creative Zen Videos Problems in Ubuntu

Creative Zen Videos Problems in Ubuntu

I am using the Zen Mozaic and trying to connect it to Ubuntu. I think that I have connected that properly but the problem is that I am not able to watch the videos.!! I think that I may have made some mistakes while connecting but since I am not having enough knowledge about it, I can't tell you exactly what is happening . So please tell me some solutions that can help me in fixing this issue. Expecting some help from your side as soon as possible.

Re: Creative Zen Videos Problems in Ubuntu

The Creative Zen can play videos and even movies so much less satisfying than the screen is a bit small. The problem is that we must first convert these videos to 320x240. Several solutions are possible: the simplest is to use the software Arista, but you can also use scripts with rendered graphics zenity. Recently, a simple and effective for the environment has emerged gnome Arista. Video conversions are smooth and without taking the lead thanks to a system of presets for MP4 player.

You must first install the packages mencoder and gawk. Then here is a little script that allows you to work graphically, through zenity :

Code:
     # / Bin / sh
     video = `zenity - file-selection - title =" Please select a video to convert "`
     mencoder "$ (video)"-oac mp3lame-lameopts abr: br = 128-ovc xvid-xvidencopts bitrate = 200: chroma_opt: vhq = 4: = 1 
    bvhq: quant_type = mpeg-vf pp = de, scale = 320: - 2, expand = 320:240-o "$ (video). zen.avi" 2> & 1 | gawk-RSV = 
    '\ r' '$ 1 ~ / Pos / (gsub (/ Pos: /, "") gsub (/%)/," ") gsub (/ \ (/," ")
     if ($ 3> 0) print $ 3; fflush ();}' | zenity - progress - auto-close - text = "Converting <span color=\"blue\"> $ (video) </ span> in progress" - title =
     "Progression of conversion"
    You should know that an adaptation of previous script to be able to embed subtitles to the video.

I am sure that the following code will help you (specially in your case),
    Code:
     # / Bin / sh
     video = `zenity - file-selection - title =" Please select a video to convert "`
     subtitle = `zenity - file-selection - title =
    " Please select a sub-title "`
     mencoder-sub "$ (subtitle)"-fontconfig-font Arial-latin1-subcp subfont-text-scale 4 "$ 
    (video)"-oac mp3lame-lameopts abr: br = 128-ovc xvid-xvidencopts bitrate = 200: chroma_opt : vhq = 4: = 
    1 bvhq: quant_type = mpeg-vf pp = de, scale = 320: -2, expand = 320:240, scale = 320:240-o "$ (video). ZEN.avi" 2> & 1 | gawk-RSV 
    = '\ r' '$ 1 ~ / Pos / (gsub (/ Pos: /, "") gsub (/%)/," ") gsub (/ \ (/," "); if ($ 3> 0) print $ 3; fflush ();}' | zenity - progress - auto-close - text = 
    "Converting <span color=\"blue\"> $ (video) </ span> in progress "- title =" Progression of conversion "
    Copy this code into a file convertirZen.sh example, make it executable, and create a shortcut pointing to that file. The converted video will have names nom_origine.zen.avi It will then use to transfer video gnomad2 obtained.

The player Creative Zen Mosaic is initially available only as super user. To remedy this, we must create a rule udev :
    Edit the file / etc / udev / rules.d / * libmtp8.rules as root.
    gksudo gedit / etc / udev / rules.d / * libmtp8.rules
    Paste these lines in the file, above the other rules :
    Code:
     # Creative ZEN Mozaic
     ATTR (idVendor) == "041st", ATTR (idProduct) == "4161", SYMLINK + = "libmtp-% k", MODE = "666", GROUP = "audio"
    Then you create the group "audio" in "Administration → Users and Groups" and become a member. Then restart the computer and test the installation in console :
    mtp-detect

which must return a result.

To encode your videos so as to make them compatible with this drive, you must first install the package mencoder.
    Code:
     sudo apt-get install mencoder
    Then just re-encode the video you want to transfer to the player indicating that encoding is the MJPEG (motion JPEG) and the screen size is 160x128:
    Code:
     mencoder / chemin_entree / video.avi *-ovc lavc vcodec = mjpeg-lavcopts-oac mp3lame-lameopts cbr: br = 64-vf scale = 160: -2, crop = 160:128, expand = 160:128-o / chemin_sortie / * nom_video.avi
    Replacing "/ chemin_entree / video.avi" and "/ chemin_sortie / nom_video.avi" with the desired paths and names. Then, to transfer the video to the player, just use gnomad2 as explained above.