Thread: Zen Mozaic connecting to Ubuntu

Zen Mozaic connecting to Ubuntu

I have ubuntu 9.04 and when I connect my Zen Mosaic player not to recognize!! I have tried many things but nothing is getting succeeded. Well my problem is I connect my Creative Zen Mozaic and open the terminal and run :
    mtp-detect

and I get the following :
    libmtp version: 1.0.2

Listing raw device (s)
    Device 0 (VID = 041e and PID = 4161) is the Creative ZEN Mozaic.
    Found 1 device (s):
    Creative: Mozaic ZEN (041e: 4161) @ bus 1, dev 2
    Attempting to connect device (s)
    LIBMTP PANIC: Unable to find device interface & endpoints of
    Unable to open raw device 0
    OK.

I tried a different hard disk with a fresh install of 10.04, with a different cable and different USB input, I've also tried installing the latest firmware and formatting the Zen, but nothing works. Need your help very badly.. please provide some solutions for this..

Re: Zen Mozaic connecting to Ubuntu

Some players, there are hundreds of models, all more different from each other. And there are also many brands. If you own a portable media player or if you plan to buy one soon, you will be interested in knowing the compatibility with Ubuntu. Ubuntu includes everything you need to communicate with players using the MTP protocol. The content of PMP is managed through a music playback software, like Rhythmbox (present by default in Ubuntu), Banshee and Amarok (present by default in Kubuntu), and any other software that knows how to interface with libmtp.

I would like to recommend you to install mtpfs mtp and create the folder containing the documents of your player :
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install mtpfs 
    sudo mkdir / media / mtp 
    sudo chmod 777-R / media / mtp
    Right click the application menu, then :
    1. in main menu / application, click on "new menu.
    2. name "Zen".
    3. Click on the icon to default to a pretty browsing to the desired icon.
    4. validate

There is a program that can transfer and manage music files. From a very simple look (without comparison with the software for Windows included with the camera) and very clean, it is an approach can not (I think) more obvious: a local file list on the left searching for music and a list on the right files for the jukebox. To use that install the package gnomad2. If gnomad2 not find the jukebox is that it is set to lock (the little button to activate the left) or the battery is charged too little, and just wait, connection is made, it recharge.

You can also use Amarok to add music. In addition, for the moment, Amarok seems to be the only way to benefit Qlix with album art on this player. To do this :
    1. Amarok> Settings> Configure Amarok> Media Devices> Add Device.
    2. Choose MTP media device and name the device.
    3. In the left bar, select devices, the reader should be visible.
    4. It'll just make the deposit slip

You should know that generally, the players are well managed in Ubuntu without special handling. Most manufacturers of portable focus in recent years, the use of two standard ways to transfer music, videos and pictures between a player and a computer: a standard USB MSC and MTP . The players are compatible with either of these standards are generally well managed in Ubuntu. Two notable exceptions are the Apple iPod and Sony players manufactured before 2007, using methods of transferring non-standard. Ubuntu knows how to cope with these imperfect players.

Creative does not, to my acquaintance, propose and Linux support for this player. In hypothesis a generic MTP driver should be able to connect to it but something the gap between speculation and actuality can be large. If a Windows box can't see it the player may just be malfunctioning. Otherwise it designates an incompatibility with the Linux MTP bond. You might try shedding all other USB devices before doing your mtp-detect. It is probable some other USB device and the Mozaic aren't getting along.

I think that you should have knowledge about the libmtp, so that you can try some way out to troubleshoot these issues. libmtp is an implementation of Microsoft 's Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) in the form of a library. The Media Transfer Protocol Is a devised set of custom extensions to the Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP). Media Transfer Protocol (Commonly Referred to as MTP) IS part of the "Windows Media" framework and Malthus Closely related to Windows Media Player . Windows Vista has built-in support for MTP. Support for Media Transfer Protocol in Windows XP requires the installation of Windows Media Player 10 or higher. [2] Mac and Linux systems software packages to support Have It.

The purpose of this protocol Hand Is To Facilitate the transfer of media files and associated metadata to / from devices, the management of media files and configuration data is argument devices, and to allow the remote control of devices thesis. The protocol Was Originally Implemented for use across USB goal extended for use across TCP / IP protocol and Bluetooth. Windows Vista supports MTP over TCP / IP. Windows 7 and Windows Vista with the Platform Update for Windows Vista Also MTP support over Bluetooth. The host connecting to year MTP device is called whereas the year Initiator MTP Device Itself Is an MTP Responder.

Handheld Reason for using MTP Rather Than for example the USB mass storage device class (MSC) latter is that operates at the granularity of a mass storage device block (Usually in practice, a FAT block), Rather Than at the logical file level. In other words, the USB mass storage class is designed to give a host computer access to bulk undifferentiated mass storage Sucha have compact flash , Rather Than to a file system, Which Might Be Safely shared with the target device (except for Specifying Which files Modifying the host Might Be / Accessing). In practice, therefore, when a USB host computer has mounted year MSC score, suppose it absolute control of the storage, then which may be safely not modified by the device Without Risk of Data Corruption UNTIL THE SEVERED has the host computer connection.

By design, MTP devices (like PTP devices) are not Treated as a traditional removable drive. The actual file system IS Implemented by the device, not by the computer's operating system. In theory the operating system May hide this difference, then this is not the goal box on Windows or Mac OS. This Also Means That Conventional file system recovery tools Will Be of no use if the drive IS corrupted, or crashes. As opposed to USB Mass Storage, a number of operating systems do not support MTP out of the box. Some require Even third-party software. Neither the TP nor the PTP standard allow for direct modification of objects. Instead, modified objects Must Be In Their Entirety reuploaded, Which can take a long time for large objects. With PTP / MTP, the file size must Be Known at the opening stage.