Thread: Creative Inspire T6200 Volume Problem

Creative Inspire T6200 Volume Problem

I have bought a new Creative Inspire T6200 5.1 speakers and i am facing a bit strange problem on this sound system. Actually the volume level of this system gets low or up automatically. And the volume control does not seems to be in control when you move up or down. Is there anybody who is facing the same problem on their sound system.

Re: Creative Inspire T6200 Volume Problem

I think this seems to be the problem with the sound driver on your system. As your operating system would be asking for the drivers as per the creative system which you have connected to your computer system. I suggest you to download the proper drivers according to your operating system from the creative's website.

This is simple problem though it is just simple to understand but i do not have nay idea about solving it. Actually this kind of problem arrives when the volume controller button gets mad. I have seen the same problem on my 2.1 creative system but never found any solution for this. Now i have to always scan it like a radio to get the proper sound from the speaker.

I am basically in the same situation as you , and the problem as well after a passage through the Service box. I tried different drivers like you and I can not determine the cause of this concern. After 3 , I have this error message at startup : forced to reboot to have sound . It hurts ! By consequences , once it started.

If you know that how to deal with the electronic stuff then i suggest you to open the volume controller button of your creative sound system. I have never opened it but you may try it as if you have any kind of knowledge with it. There would be some kind of lacking because of which it cannot hold the position and due to which the sound goes out of control.

Best way to solve this problem is to take your creative sound system to the dealer from where you have bought it. Actually whatever problem would be there but as you have bought this sound system as new one and i do not think that it would have been more then a year now so you must use the warranty of this speakers as if there would be anything wrong with the hardware.

I was having the creative 2.1 speakers connected to my windows xp computer system and there was a same problem with that speakers. Actually the volume device of this speakers does not seems to be made as per the quality standards of the creative. My creative volume button have got problem two times. I do not know that what is the problem but i guess it is the poor quality issue which cannot be solved by anybody other then Creative.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I have the same problem. Speakers are very good but this volume control quality is very disappointing. It also goes much louder and quieter just when resting your fingers on the volume dial (without turning it). Also it changes randomly. Consequently it's very hard to get the correct volume you want.

The device volume control may have some issue that is the chip may have been worn out and this is the reason you are not able to function well or process for the change as required. So in order to get the implementation well you need to service out the control by servicing it with the manufacturer. They will resolve the issue well and will be better.

Hi all, signed up specifically to share my experience of this issue with you as this seems to be the only place I've found a record of it...

I bought the T6200 5.1 set off Amazon over a year ago, and experienced the exact same issues you have all described here; particularly resting your fingers on the volume knob would cause the sound to fluctuate... After a few months of playing around with driver versions, swapping soundcards, trying the onboard soundcard, swapping between 32 & 64-bit OS I eventually contact Creative support. I and they both seemed to agree that the volume knob seemed to be at fault and due to (in my opinion) the poor design of this model, which meant sending off the attached subwoofer too.

To cut a long story short, a few months and 3 replacement subwoofers later I was having the same problems, in the end I gave up as the system was out of warranty and I had no chance of a refund. I gave the 5.1 system to my brother who, in due time also grew tired of the volume fluctuating. All I can assume is that there is a fundamental design flaw with these speakers? The Creative Gigaworks T20 I bought to replace them are completely fine...

I work with an electrical engineer who has said he'll take a look at them, if he finds out anything interesting I'll let you all know, otherwise my advice to people looking to purchase these is to look elsewhere...

guys, try taking the knobs of the remote off and cleaning them with some alcohol. plus,clean up the hole on the remote where the knob goes.
    WARNING! DONT POUR ALCOHOL IN THE REMOTE FOR GOD SAKE!

worked for me at least

how can i open that remote ?

It seems to me that you are asking a silly questions. Opening a remote is a not a complicated task unless it is sealed by some material. if the remote outer covers are trapped by the use of screws then you can easily remove them with proper screw driver. Some screws are visible to eye because you can see it on the cover itself. Some might be inside the batter pack or like that. So while opening the remote make sure that you have removed all the screws first. Use a knife or any thin flat material to lift the one side cover of the remote. Do not apply much pressure. you may end up with breakdown.