Thread: Error pops up while updating the software on a Zune device

Error pops up while updating the software on a Zune device

I am getting errors while I am updating the Zune device. I am having the Zune MP3 Player and want to update it. But every time I am trying to update I am getting an error.!! It is displaying "Error code C00D1195". When I tried to connect it without updating there is message from operating system that I should update my Zune device. So I am coming back again to that turn. Please tell me how can I fix this problem.? Hoping that someone hanging out there will help me soon. Any other information (or solution for other error codes) would be greatly appreciable.

Re: Error pops up while updating the software on a Zune device

Error code C00D1195 - This error code appears if there is not enough space on your computer for the update. To resolve this issue, free hard disk space that stores the user profile. If more than one hard drive on your computer, follow these steps to find the drive where you stored the profile :
    • In Windows Vista, click Start, type% userprofile% in the Start Search box and press ENTER.
    • In Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type% userprofile%, and then press ENTER.

If the steps mentioned by the "StoaVio" is not helping then I would recommend you to remove and reinstall the Zune software. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Make convinced the Zune device is not coupled to the computer.
    2. In Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
      In Windows Vista, click Start. In the Start Search box type appwiz.cpl, and then press ENTER.
    3. Click Zune, and then click Remove or Uninstall.
    4. Click Yes to remove the Zune software.

Rename the database file ZuneStore.sdf ZuneStore.bak. This step will formulate the Zune software to rebuild the database from the compilation of Zune, counting pointers to the Zune device software. This will help explain the predicament if the database is damaged. To change the name of this file, download and run the following Zune media collection reset tool from the Microsoft Download Center: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=86B2A33D-9BF8-45F6-89FF-B9A6236AA37D

When doable, we suggest that you sync your Zune device with the Zune client software on your computer to back up Any Zune Marketplace content prior to you execute the following steps. To erase all content from your Zune device, follow these steps:
    1. Start the Zune software on the computer.
    2. Connect your Zune device by using the Zune Sync Cable.
    3. Click settings, and Then click device.
    4. Click Sync Options, and Then click Erase All Content.
    5. Following When You receive the message, click Yes:

Please Confirm. Are you sure you want to erase the contents of the connected Zune?
    You obtain the "Erase All Contents" message. This may take more than a few minutes. Do not shift or disengage the Zune device until the message withdraws.
    S.P.A.M=Stupid Posts And Message

I would like to tell you about an Error code C00D1249, which is also common in Zune device. This error code emerges if the Zune device into recovery mode while trying to update repeatedly. You can also obtain the subsequent message on the Zune device:
    On your PC, open the Zune software and restore the Zune device firmware
    To tenacity this problem, connect your Zune to the innovative computer, and then try to update the software on the Zune.