Thread: Chinese Dual Sim phone Windows 7 USB doesn't see MicroSD card

Chinese Dual Sim phone Windows 7 USB doesn't see MicroSD card

I have a Chinese dual SIM phone as I don't know where to look for the chipset, I can only say this is a phone with 128k - 131k and supports a microSD 2Gb card.
    I downloaded PC China Mobile Phone suite, but in the options only the COM1 port is shown, and I have the standard USB cable to connect it to the computer, I'm running Windows 7 32 Ultimate and the system mnaged to install the USB driver once, but even if it shows an icon for the microSD card as a mass storage removable device, I can't open it. I don't know if this is an OS problem or is a hardware malfunction in the phone, as it connects fine but the microSD 2Gb Kingston card is not recognized, in my first attempt it was briefly shown but I got an error when I tried to open it to add files. It was an I/O error ...

Re: Chinese Dual Sim phone Windows 7 USB doesn't see MicroSD card

Try to install the the driver for the device under compatible mode for Windows Xp. All you need to do is to right click on the installer.exe file and then make it install to the system well. As it is been done you can then process for the aspect that is essential by choosing the mode under properties option. So do check out and make it function.

Re: Chinese Dual Sim phone Windows 7 USB doesn't see MicroSD card

Quote Originally Posted by trojan123 View Post
    Try to install the the driver for the device under compatible mode for Windows Xp. All you need to do is to right click on the installer.exe file and then make it install to the system well. As it is been done you can then process for the aspect that is essential by choosing the mode under properties option. So do check out and make it function.
    In fact in was a hardware malfunction I returned the phone and they replaced it with a new one, this one works fine. The phone didn't recognize the microSD card, even unplugged so that was the issue. The new one worked like a charm using the same microSD.

Now I want to find out what chipset uses, to upload games, into it.
    Apparently the manufacturer is this
    but this model is no longer listed in their web site.