Thread: Windows Live Cam "creative Labs Inc Vf-0040"

Windows Live Cam "creative Labs Inc Vf-0040"

I have a web cam, but can not find the CD with drivers and online there's no way to get them down. The reference of webcam is this: CREATIVE LABS INC VF-0040. The problem is that I am not able to install it properly. My operating system is Windows XP Professional. So thought that you guys can help me in fixing my problem. Please help me by providing the solution for my problem. Since, I want to use the Windows Live Cam sooner, I need your help as early as possible.

Re: Windows Live Cam "creative Labs Inc Vf-0040"

I think that you are not able to install it properly.
    1. Interleave an Installation CD into your CD-ROM drive. Your CD should establish involuntarily. If it does not, pursue the steps below :
      • Double-click the My Computer icon. Otherwise, click Start > My Computer
      • Right-click the CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive icon, and then snap AutoPlay.
    2. Choose the province you are in and then click the Next button.
    3. Select a language and then click the Next button.
    4. Click the alternatives for installing drivers and applications, and then click the Install button.
    5. When provoked, connect your Live! Cam's USB cable to an available USB port on your computer, Windows automatically detects the device.

If you are unable to send email notifications, the most likely cause is that your SMTP email server requires Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) support. Live! Cam Center does not support SSL connections and to resolve this issue, you will need to use an alternative SMTP server. The AVFX efficacy can be admitted from the Live! Cam Console which will auto launched once a video streaming activity is perceived. Choose Advanced Video FX on the console.

To specify the interval between successive captures, follow the steps :
    1. In Live! Cam Center snap the Settings button .
    2. Click the Remote Monitoring tab.
    3. Click General in the sachet on the left.
    4. In the Photo capture interval boxes, specify the time interval flanked by photo captures.
    5. Select the Stop remote monitoring after checkbox and specify the period of a remote monitoring session.
    6. Select the append time stamp to photo and Add date stamp to photo checkboxes if you want the photos to contain time and date information.
    7. Click the Apply or OK button.

I think that if you are having problem while installing the Windows Live Cam, then you might have installed it improperly initially. So the best alternative, according to me, is to first uninstall the applications that you installed on your system. After you uninstalled everything related to the application, then again do the fresh installation but this time you keep in ind to do that correctly. Just follow the steps mentioned by the 'Broot' and you will be done with your installation.