Thread: Zune HD 120G Malfunction - Device Not Recognized

Zune HD 120G Malfunction - Device Not Recognized

My computer is running the Windows 7 operating system. Actually, I have upgraded it from Windows Vista. Well, I am facing the Zune HD 120G Malfunction, when I am connecting it to my system. The situation is that I get the message saying that the Device Not Recognized. I am not able to understand why this is happening. If anyone knows why this issue is being faced, then please reply with the solutions that can be used in this situation.

Re: Zune HD 120G Malfunction - Device Not Recognized

According to me, you are facing the Zune HD 120G Malfunction because there is some sort of conflict between the Windows 7 operating system and the device that you are using. Inorder to keep away from such issues, it is recommended that this particular operating system must never be installed or upgraded. I guess that you will face this issue as long as you use Windows 7.

First of all, there is a need to run the hardware and software evaluation wizard in your system to check out the components that are installed in your system. It will let you know if there is an incompatibility issue between any of the components and the operating system. Infact, you will get a list of all the components, according to the compatibilities and incompatibilities.

You must be aware that a software is required, so that Zune HD will be recognized in your system. So, as mentioned in the above post, if you get this particular software listed among the incompatibilities, then there is really an incompatibility issue.

There is no need to worry. This is because you just have to download the software for Zune HD, that is compatible with the Windows 7 operating system.

A solution that can help you to eradicate the Zune HD 120G Malfunction, which is being encountered because of an incompatibility issue is to set the operating system in the compatibility mode when the particular device is connected to the system. You will have to use the Windows Vista mode, since the software that you have installed is compatible with that operating system.

If there is a situation of the Zune HD 120G Malfunction, that is that is Device Not Recognized, then there is a very unusual internal error that has occurred. There is a possibility that the USB port must have become corrupt or even the connection cable must be having an issue. You will have to recognize what is causing the issue and replace the same. This is just a possibility. I cannot assure about this situation.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

It is required that the Zune HD software that is installed for the particular device to run properly in your system must be compatible with the Windows 7 operating system that you are using. So, if you are not getting the particular software that is compatible to Windows 7, then this issue of Zune HD 120G Malfunction, that is resulting in the problem of Device Not Recognized cannot be resolved.