Thread: Firefox on Zune HD

Firefox on Zune HD

I have bought a new Microsoft's Zune and i was thinking to have some applications on this player. Actually it would have been better if i can have Mozilla Firefox on this player as IE is very much slow and even it does not works. I am sure that there would be many Zune users praying for the same.

Re: Firefox on Zune HD

I think you need to hack an operating system of your Zune then only you would be able to use the Mozilla Firefox on it. I guess by default this browser is not compatible with this player. Microsoft have provided only an Internet Explorer for browsing on an internet and hence there is no need to install the Firefox but there are many people who just do not like IE.

Legally it is not possible to install any other web browser on your Zune as it wont to be supporting for it but if you know how to jailbreak the Zune's operating system then i guess it would be possible to install several browsers on it. Still i am not so sure that you can install the Mozilla's Firefox on it or not.

Zune come with the Mobile Browser installed on it which has been created by the Internet Explorer's team as this music player is a Microsoft's product. It is but obvious that it would not be possible to install any other browser on it until you have done any changes in an operating system installed on it.
    Actually there would be some codes written on an os which does allow user to install the third party applications but it is possible.

Instead of trying to install some other browser on your Zune i suggest you to install the feature which you might be missing on the browser provided on the Zune. There will be huge number of plug ins available for the mobile browser installed in the zune. So you may search for it on an internet. Or you have to wait for some time until microsoft releases an update for the firmware of Zune.

I think it is not possible to have any other browser then an Internet Explorer on it as an operating system installed on Zune would have been restricted for installing third party software on it. Even if you try to install it but it wont be running properly. There might be some way to hack it but i do not know how to do it.