Thread: New Dell Mini 10v bluescreen error "NMI: Parity Check / Memory Parity Error"

New Dell Mini 10v bluescreen error "NMI: Parity Check / Memory Parity Error"

I am facing this weird problem with the Dell Mini 10V which I am using. From past few days the netbook is not booting up. Everytime the netbook is tried to boot, it gives a random blue screen error which says "NMI: Parity Check / Memory Parity Error". Why am I facing this error? How do I solve this error? Does this mean the netbook is faulty? Please suggest some solutions/suggestions regarding the issue.

Re: New Dell Mini 10v bluescreen error "NMI: Parity Check / Memory Parity Error"

You will have to reinstall the operating system on the computer. The system is not able to read the files of the operating system and hence you are facing a Blue screen error. Insert the Windows installation disk and boot the system from the disk. Select the Windows Repair option and let the procedure complete. After repairing the operating system on the computer, see if the problem is solved.

Re: New Dell Mini 10v bluescreen error "NMI: Parity Check / Memory Parity Error"

The hard drive of the laptop must be having some problems and hence the blue screen error is faced. The operating system of the computer is stored on the hard drive and hence if the hard drive is faulty, the system will not be able to access the data. Remove the hard drive and connect it to some other computer. See if the hard drive is working properly on some other computer. If not get the hard drive replaced.

Which operating system is installed on the Dell mini? I am facing the same problem with Dell mini 10v which is installed with Windows 7. The system when booted, it gives the same blue screen error while any application is started. I personally think that Windows 7 is not compatible with Dell mini and hence the blue screen error is faced.

Most of the dell laptops are facing this problem. The problem lies with the version of the driver installed on the computer. Some drivers such as video drivers have some conflicting problem with the hardware which causes the blue screen error. You can remove the associated drivers one by one and see if the problem still continues or not.

Chunks_ Guest

definately a Driver issue.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 10-08-2010 at 10:39 PM. Reason: External links not allowed. Removed the same.