Thread: Dell with Snow Leopard

Dell with Snow Leopard

Hello,
    I have purchased a dell laptop and the default operating system was windows 7. I need to install snow leopard on it. How can I do this. Also, does mac os x is supported by other laptops. If you have any idea regarding the following then please let me know. Thank you.

Re: Dell with Snow Leopard

Your Dell should have a mini bios version A04, to verify whether or not, you can check it online. To install OS X, you need a cd Snow Leopard or a disk image, 8gb usb stick or external hard drive, and a Mac. For the moment I have not yet managed to multiboot setup therefore OS X will delete your other OS. For my part I create a partition in HFS + 10go on an external hard drive.

- To start you need to make a picture of your cd Snow Leopard: insert your CD, run Disk Utility in Applications / Utilities /
    - To create your image select Mac OS X Install DVD to the right, then click on "New Image" and then save it (this takes time)
    - Then once you have your disk image, you must restore your hard drive or USB key, that will help you to install OS X to do this, select your hard drive or USB key and click restore top then do a drag and drop (drag and drop) from your hard disk to the destination and even your disk image to the source, then click "Restore"
    - Once finished the process and you should have this on your hard disk

This should do the work.

I myself was very surprised, but I have not really pushed (Mail, Firefox, NetNewsWire, Adium, Tweet, iTunes) launched at the same time. After when you read the flash in firefox.
    For me this does not work: nothing
    This bug:
    - Trackpad
    - System Preferences (light display concern but it will)
    - Keyboard (not a lot of key matches, we must do so guess ...)

I have a big issue with the installation of Snow Leopard on a Dell Mini 10v (6 cell) that came with BIOS A07 A04 impossible to demote (or even A06). If, despite everything, I try to install SL (MBM 0.8.3 RC5), the disk utility Apple does not recognize the internal hard disk of the laptop (while also, Windows boot properly). Someone has there been, seen or read something similar?

We finally found how to run the touchpad on Dell E6400 by snow leopard, assuming you keyboard and trackpoint work, but the touchpad is "crazy" find ApplePS2Controller.kext in / system / library / Extensions open (like an archive by double clicking in Finder) eliminate the rep. \ Content \ plugins \ ApplePS2Trackpad.kext make a phone kexts Utility

I have a Mac Pro Quad 2.66Ghz Rev.1 with an ATI Radeon X1900 XT.
    I ordered 2 Dell screens SP2309W which according to reviews seem to be very good factory.

I meet the following problems

- Highly saturated colors and despite the attempts of setting impossible to arrive at the correct sth
    - Significant difference between the two screens colorimetry despite exactly the same settings (on screen and in the system prefs)
    - Regularly randomly one of the screens goes black and re-displays the contents (just as if he lost sync)

Have you ever seen one or more of these problems with equivalent configurations?