Thread: Compaq Presario F700 turn on problem

Compaq Presario F700 turn on problem

Hello there, I am facing some major problems with Compaq Presario F700 laptop. The laptop has Windows Vista installed on it. The laptop was working properly for all these days but now the laptop does not boot when the power button is pressed. Whenever the power button is pressed, all the LED's on the laptop blink and then nothing happens. I am not a computer savvy and hence cannot figure out what is causing problem, so if anybody here can help me in solving the issue It would be really great.

Re: Compaq Presario F700 turn on problem

Most of the laptops face the problem with residual static charge storage. Static charge gets stored near the motherboard of the laptop. If the voltage of the static charge increases above the threshold level, the laptop wont boot. Therefore I will suggest that you clear the laptop from the static charge and then see if the laptop boots. Remove the battery and press the power button. Keep the power button pressed for about 30 seconds and replace the battery. Boot the laptop and see if the laptop boots

Open the laptop and remove the RAM from their respective slots. System will not boot if the system memory is not accessible. Hence clean the connecting terminals of the RAM and replace them in their respective slots. See if the system is booting. If there are multiple RAM chips, try booting the system with single RAM chip at a time. If for a particular RAM chip, system does not boot discard the RAM chip as it is faulty.

Have you checked the hard drive of the laptop? The operating system of the computer is stored on the hard drive. Hence if the hard drive is faulty the system will not be able to load the operating system and hence will give such problems. Remove the hard drive and connect it to some other computer. After connecting it to the other computer, see if it gets detected. Run some diagnostic tools and see if the hard drive is any problem or not. Replace the hard drive if there are any problems in it.

I was facing the similar problem with my laptop. The laptop did not boot when the power button was pressed. Only the indicator LED's used to blink when the power button was pressed. I searched for a solution and finally found out that the battery of the laptop was not getting charged and hence the laptop was not starting. I charged the battery for a whole day and then connected it to the laptop. After charging the laptop stated without any problems.