Thread: HP Compaq MINI 1101 BIOS password

HP Compaq MINI 1101 BIOS password

Hello there, I am facing a major problem with my HP compaq mini 1101. The laptop has Windows XP installed on it. For securing the laptop, I kept a BIOS password to it as I was away for few days but now I am back and I cannot remember the password. I am not able to start the laptop as I have lost the password. Hence I want to know if there is any way to reset the BIOS of the laptop. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: HP Compaq MINI 1101 BIOS password

I am afraid that there is no way to reset the BIOS password on the laptop. As you dont know the password for the BIOS of the system, you will not be able to use the laptop. I will suggest that you try remembering the password for the BIOS of the system as it is the only way in which the password can be unlocked.

The best solution to your problem would be to contact the service center of the HP and get the password resetted. I was facing the same issue with my laptop. I had forgot the booting BIOS password of the laptop and hence was not able to boot. I took the laptop to the nearest service center and got the password reset. Now the laptop is working fine.

Have you enabled BIOS password for the BIOS setup or the entire system? Whenever the BIOS password is enabled on the system, by default the password is enabled for the BIOS setup. To make the password work for the entire system, you will have to change the settings. If the BIOS password is enabled for the BIOS setup, then there is noting to worry about it as you will be able to boot the system.

To disable the BIOS password on the system, you will have to remove the CMOS battery of the computer. The battery on the motherboard helps in saving all the information on the computer. Hence to reset the password, it is necessary to remove the battery of the laptop. Open the laptop and locate the battery on the motherboard. Remove the battery and let the system sit for an hour. After an hour, replace the battery and see if the laptop is working properly or not.

Hey thanks for replying to the post. I have enabled the BIOS password while booting and hence I am not able to boot the system. I tried to reset the BIOS of the system by removing the battery on the motherboard but still the password did not go and prompted me on the next boot up. I think there is no way in which the BIOS password can be removed but still if there is any solution please let me know.