Thread: How to fix the left hinge of my Lenovo SL400 laptop?

How to fix the left hinge of my Lenovo SL400 laptop?

I want to fix the left hinge of my Lenovo SL400, because it has broken more than two times. Previously when it was broken it was in the warranty period so I got the replacement for the same. But the problem is that the warranty has expired now. I have no idea why Lenovo is selling such third grade laptops. I have purchased the left hinge the thing I want to know is how to fix the left hinge of my Lenovo SL400 laptop?

Re: How to fix the left hinge of my Lenovo SL400 laptop?

If you want to fix the left hinge or any other hardware part of your laptop then you can search for the manual of Lenovo SL400 laptop. In that manual all the instruction for replacing the components of your system that also include changing your hinge is also included. After referring the manual if you face any other problem then you are free to ask.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Another problem, which is not essential, is that the high gloss surfaces are sensitive to dust. If you do not work with your velvet gloves, fingerprints and many dust particles are inevitable. The only thing you can do is clean them regularly with a clean cloth, or even better with a micro fiber fabric. It was decided not to change the color design of the SL series. It is also a decent black, while the red TrackPoint is still the only color.

The ThinkPad SL500 is quite solid. On the upper side and bottom side of the base unit, it is very resistant to the applied force. The role of materials obviously was traded from the T series The SL500 is the hollow plastic housing, while the palm rest areas are made of a metallic material. However, there is no metal frame inside, which strongly connects all parties to the other; it makes this laptop very rigid in bending. Crackling noise at the time of handling the notebook can be heard.

The main problem of the location of the interfaces, as already discussed with the SL400, the shape of the case. The sides are back corner; therefore, the interfaces are more hidden and difficult to access. For example, if you want to connect a USB plug into a port, you'll need to enter your nerves properly.