Thread: USB Broadband Modem

USB Broadband Modem

I have been using the Lenovo Thinkpad also i use the recently purchased the reliance netconnect huawei ec325 usb modem in order to connect to the internet. But currently i ma not allowed to connect to the internet using the USB Internet modem. It seems as i ma missing something please let me know how to get this problem solved. I would be very much thankful to you.

Re: USB Broadband Modem

You need to go in the section of the devices. This section is called Peripheral Setup Integrated Peripherals or sometimes (as there are several types of BIOS, it is possible that this section is still another name). After this, go to the line named USB Function Controller, USB or sometimes. Then you place the arrow keys on your keyboard the word Disabled and press the + button. In principle, the word Enabled is displayed. You have therefore activate the USB ports on your computer. To save this change in the BIOS, tap the F10 key, then answer Y (Yes) to the message that appears.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

It may be that your version of Windows does not support USB. Indeed, only the second versions of Windows 95 support the USB technology. If you do not know if you have the second version of Windows 95, see the next question "How do I know if I have the second version of Windows 95" present in the sub-heading Windows 95. Try upgrading your operating system.

I have a problem on the pc of a friend. It has a USB modem Bewan that no longer works, it is well recognized by Windows, then it is in "USB unknown. The LEDs light up even the modems not. Previously it worked, but from time to time he went out with like because he was malnourished. As is often the problem with these USB modems, it is therefore possible that the modem does no sign of life for the same reason

check whether this modem works on another PC. Hence i would suggest you to allocate more power on USB ports to allow properly feed the usb modem. Also you can check whether it works on a different system if it works then there is a problem with the desktop which you are using and hence get the USB port changed. Otherwise there is a problem with the USB modem get it repaired.