Thread: Brightness indicator problem on Thinkpad R61

Brightness indicator problem on Thinkpad R61

I do not know if my screen that has deteriorated or if it is the standard video. Does the Internet video streaming has changed its quality of output. I noticed that I am compelled to clarify images and videos to see them properly . I wonder how I could increase the brightness of my screen. I am pressing the keyboard indicators but nothing work there. I tried fiddling with the buttons on my screen but there is nothing works on.

Re: Brightness indicator problem on Thinkpad R61

There is a brightness and contrast button on the keyboard. You can press the Fn key and then press that key. After that you can use the either the arrow keys or most of the time it is configured on the single key. You can press the up one to increase up brightness and so on. If that fails to work then you can try out some software for that. But this means that there is some issue with the laptop screen.

If you face issue only while videos then here is a instant fix for that. Click on Start and then click on Control Panel. Now go in Appearance and Themes and change the screen resolution. In that pick a task, you can do that by clicking on advanced at the bottom of the dialog box that appears directly in the settings tab. Then choose color and move the bar to the maximum brightness.

There is a other easy way for that which you can access from control panel. First open control panel from the start menu and then select the classic view for that. Now click on power option button which is a green color. And on the left side of the screen you can adjust the brightness according your need. I had set that to highest as my keyboard keys are also not responding.

You must have a combination of keys on your keyboard to increase or decrease the brightness. In my laptop it is fn key + F1 or F2. And the graphics card has nothing to do with it. You can try to update the drivers of your video and then check back. Download some brightness adjusting software for the same and then check. If that does not work then you can do nothing more there.

I have a problem on the screen of my laptop. In fact you cannot see anything on the screen but when I plug in another screen the splash screen shows that the computer works. I have tried to adjust the brightness with the keyboard but without success. Also the colors are still visible. I think this time I will need to send the laptop to the repair center which can cause me high.

An LCD screen is composed of liquid crystals, then two perpendicular polarizing filters and finally a huge neon flat dimensions of the screen. And this thing is very fragile living creature fed by an inverter appoint or card-neon power supply. This inverter converts the 12V continuous qq 1000V for the conversion there is a small pebble on the inverter that is as fragile. So it is possible that either of one is broken.