Thread: Lenovo SL400 Loose AC Adapter

Lenovo SL400 Loose AC Adapter

Recently my AC power adapter has loosen because whenever i try to charge my laptop i had to do it very much carefully till the charging sign appears Also the i had to ensure that the nobody touches the laptop or the AC adapter or event the ac adapter's wire. Basically this appear because of the loosening of the AC Adapter of Lenovo SL400

Re: Lenovo SL400 Loose AC Adapter

In this situation i would suggest you to get your adapter checked. You can do this by checking the adapter with another device check whether the same thing happens with the another laptop too then it would be better to get this adapter changed. Also if the adapter is not working i would suggest you to go for a new adapter. If this is not the case then your laptop is definitely the problem try to get this repaired from a hardware professional.

I had the same problem coming back from vacation. Quick turn around on forums and it says the battery is dead, go into the bios etc. I tried one more thing in case and miraculously it works! not need to buy a battery or send his PC for repair. It's simple:
    • Connect the computer with the battery industry
    • The switch normally until windows is loaded
    • Turn on computer, remove the battery (it does not risk anything you are on AC)
    • Replace the battery
    • Miracle: battery message: 0% available (plugged in, charging)
    • Observing with pleasure the% battery increase little by little

I just met a similar pb on my Acer. It all started with a machine with a pb video output: machine warranty; VAS back without the battery and three weeks later the baby comes repaired. Except that the smith machine is more about battery, it pretends to recharge but the level is desperate to 0%. When i asked this on acer help line they answered it is the fault of the battery and it is no longer guaranteed (6 months) must be changed! I do not believe it but I drop. Since the laptop running on AC only. At least three years have passed and I decided: the new battery arrives yesterday. I run the load (light OK), Some reminders necessary (provided by the vendor for a first charge) and the next morning the battery light is switched off and it makes me seem at all good!

Run the machine on ac cord disconnected then i, despite a low battery warning message, the mobile market normally on battery from 1:30! My diagnosis: it just the BIOS that does not Communications well with drums and with windows on the available resource. IL I must find a way to flash it anyway.

Follow the procedure mentioned below:

• Turn off the pc
    • Remove the battery
    • Turn on the PC (connected to the mains of course!)
    • When the PC is running (desktop displayed, no work in progress ...), replace the battery
    • Wait 5. 10 minutes
    • Move the mouse over the icon "outlet - electric battery"
    • Note that the digit before "% available (plugged in, charging)" increases pleasantly
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I have exactly the same problem you had. here overnight I load my pc but I let a good day autonomy remains at 0 so I bought a new battery but the problem remains the same so I wonder where this problem may come but at last i decided to purchase a new adapter and this really solved my problem.