Thread: Lenovo SL500 Battery drops always

Lenovo SL500 Battery drops always

Lenovo SL500 Battery drops always What ever may be the reason but this has worried me a lot since even i do not use it much because most of the time or 99% of the time i use my laptop with the power adapter plugged in. Please tell me is there anything wrong with my battery or i am missing something. Please tell me what is the problem behind it.

Re: Lenovo SL500 Battery drops always

The battery must be kept charged at 40%. This threshold was defined as a precaution. The higher the threshold is lower and it takes the risk of depleting the battery completely and permanently damage. By cons, a fully charged battery is stored for an extended period is extremely bad, because the battery will lose its ability faster. The reason is that the internal tension is greater when the battery is full, increasing stress and wear. 40% is prepared by experts as the best compromise.

Finally, it appears as your battery has passed away, what to do? The environmental risks are low, so that these batteries are designed not to leak and are known safer than cadmium for example. However, it is clear that the incineration will release toxic gases. If you know of a recycling program, then of course, pull-in advantage by having your batteries in appropriate containers.

The heat directly impacts the batteries. It is therefore crucial to keep the battery cool and dry. The best place is also the refrigerator. Indeed, it is estimated that a Lithium-ion battery, charged at 40% and stored at 0 ° C maintained 98% of its capacity in one year. At 25 ° C (ambient temperature in principle), it goes to 96% capacity at 40 ° C it increased to 85% and 60 ° C, it reaches 75%. As we have seen, on average, a battery loses about 10% charge per month. Comparatively, a full battery and stored for one year at a temperature of 0 ° C will maintain that 94% of its capacity. At 25 ° C, about 80% against 65% at 40 ° C.

I have listed below some tips which will help you to save your laptop battery

• Rather than shut down Windows, use the hibernation mode or "hibernate". This will allow Windows to restart more quickly.
    • Most of the time, there is also an option to avoid running the processor at full power, thereby reducing power consumption, sometimes with a slight reduction in performance.
    • Most devices (graphics card, modem, PCMCIA cards ...) have a saving mode (the current is practically cut off when they are not in use). Try turning the economy on these devices. Note that some device will not be used in economy mode as they "wake up" badly. Experiment.

These are the electronic and mechanical components that consume power. Of course there are devices ( HDD , DVD player, screen ...), but also the motherboard and - especially - the primary microprocessor. You should know: The more you work the main microprocessor (thus the higher the rate of occupation of CPUs is important), it consumes more power. Thus, playing a 3D game will consume more power than using a word processor.

Disable unnecessary services, especially the indexing service. This service is very consumer of CPU and a lot of disk access. Reduce the number of programs running at startup. There are certainly open to serve no purpose (Task QuickTime, Java Update Scheduler, Office toolbar, "Quick Start" Office, RealPlayer, etc.). Change the theme of Windows: Use the standard theme. Indeed, the Aqua theme for Windows requires a bit more computing power, and therefore consumes a little more current.