Thread: USB Port does not work on Lenovo W510

USB Port does not work on Lenovo W510

Please help, my Lenovo Thinkpad W510 is not able to detect any USB device connected to is USB port. I have connected an external mouse to the USB port on the laptop but now the mouse is not getting detected on the USB ports. Is anybody else is facing similar problems with USB port on Lenovo W510? If yes then please share some information which might help me in solving the problem. Any help regarding the topic are welcome. Thanks for all the help provided.

Re: USB Port does not work on Lenovo W510

It is possible that the mouse which you are using is faulty and hence it is not getting detected on the computer. Try connecting the mouse to some other computer and see if the mouse is getting detected or not. If the mouse is getting detected on the other computer, then there is some problem with the laptop.

I am also facing the same problem with my Lenovo w510 laptop which has Windows 7 on it. The USB port on the laptop is not functioning properly. Any device when connected to the laptop does not get detected. I think the problem is with the motherboard of the laptop. I am taking the laptop for the replacement and hope it will be replaced.

The problem with laptop is with the motherboard of the laptop. The USB port is placed on the motherboard of the computer. Hence if the motherboard of the laptop is faulty, the USB port on the laptop will not work properly. Therefore get the laptop checked and if the motherboard is faulty, then get it replaced.

Follow these simple steps and see if the problem with the system is solved or not.
    • Connect the mouse on the USB port
    • Put the system in Hibernate mode.
    • Wake up the system
    • Now disconnect the mouse and then connect it again.
    • Check if the mouse is working or not.
    • Restart the system
    Hopefully the USB port will work properly after this troubleshooting

Reinstall the USB controller on the computer and see if it helps. Sometimes the USB controller on the computer stops working and hence the USB devices do not get detected when connected to the computer. Therefore I will suggest that you delete the USB controller installed on the computer and then reinstall it.