Thread: Wireless Not found on Lenovo W500

Wireless Not found on Lenovo W500

Please help in solving this weird problem with the Lenovo W500 laptop which I am using. Whenever I try to connect the W500 to the wireless router, it does not connect to the available network. Sometimes the laptop does not even detect the available wireless networks. I am not able to figure out if the problem is with the laptop or the router. Kindly suggest some solutions which will help in the problem. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Wireless Not found on Lenovo W500

First of all get a full system scan performed on the computer. There is a high possibility that the computer is infected with some kind of virus which is creating such problem. Virus's have the tendency to get linked with the applications which are used frequently. If such a situation occurs, some features on the computer will not work properly. Hence scan the system and check for all the files which are infected. Repair the files which are infected and then check the performance of the computer.

The configuration of the router plays an important role in the working of the wireless network. If the router is not configured properly, devices wont be able to connect to the router. To check if the router is configured properly, get the configuration settings from the ISP and login to the router. Check if the router is configured according to the settings which are provided by the ISP. Do the necessary changes and save the configuration. Reboot the router and see if the wireless connection is working.

The network interface card which is installed on the computer is responsible for connecting and maintaining the network connection. Hence if the network interface card is not working properly, the network connectivity will suffer. To check if the NIC is having any problems or not, click on Start menu and select RUN. Type "ping 127.0.0.1" and hit enter. Check the data packet loss for data sent and received. If there are any data packet loss then replacing the NIC will solve the problem.

Check the drivers which are installed on the computer. Open device manager and check the drivers which are installed on the computer. Update the drivers and check if there is any improvement in the network connectivity or not. If changing the drivers do not help, then there is some hardware failure.

I followed all the steps which were suggested but still I was not able to solve the error. I removed the drivers which were installed earlier and then installed an updated drivers on the computer but still the wireless connectivity is not working on the computer. Are there any alternative solutions? Please help.

Remove the static charge from the computer and see if the Wireless network is working properly or not. Static charges when reaches the threshold level, some devices will not work properly. To remove the static charge from the laptop, shut down the laptop and remove the battery. Press and hold the power button for about the 30 seconds. Replace the battery and check if the system boots.