Thread: iPad not charging on Lenovo W510

iPad not charging on Lenovo W510

Please help in solving the problem with the iPad and Lenovo W510 laptop. I have recently bought a new Apple iPad 32gb which I am trying to charge through my Lenovo W510 laptop but I am not able to. When the iPad is connected to the laptop, it is not detected at all, also the iPad does not charge. I cannot figure out what is the reason behind such problem and hence need your help in solving the problem. Any help regarding the topic are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: iPad not charging on Lenovo W510

Check the cable which is used to connect the iPad to the computer. The cord which is used to connect the iPad to the the computer is a USB cord. A USB cord can develop fault due to improper storage and handling. If the connecting cord is faulty, the communication between the computer and the iPad will not be successful and hence you are facing such problem. Change the connecting cord and see if the iPad is getting charged.

You must be connecting the iPad to the regular USB port on the laptop. The regular USB port are not able to detect the apple products and hence the special Yellow USB port has to be used to connect the iPad. Connect the iPad to the yellow USB port at the back of the W510 which is a powered USB. The iPad will get detected and charged when connected to this port on the laptop.

By default the USB 3.0 function is not enabled on the laptop. For the iPad to get detected on the computer, the USB 3.0 has to be enabled on the laptop. To enable the USB 3.0 feature on the laptop, open the BIOS setup of the laptop and then enable the USB 3.0 on the laptop. Save the settings. Restart the laptop and then connect the iPad to the laptop.

Sometimes the firmware of the iPad gets stuck while executing some applications or commands. If such a situation occurs, then the iPad will not get detected by the computer. Therefore I will suggest that you reset the iPad and then connect the iPad to the computer. The steps for resetting the iPad are given in the user manual. Follow the steps and see if the iPad is detected on the computer.

Yes resetting the iPad and then connecting it to the computer really helped in solving the issue. Now the iPad gets detected as well as charges on the laptop without any problems. I have also enabled the USB 3.0 function on the laptop which makes the detection and transfer of data from the computer to the iPad and vice a versa very fast.