Thread: Lenovo W500 Screen flickering

Lenovo W500 Screen flickering

That is my problem. I have an Lenovo W500 laptop that contains a TV tuner. I manage to receive TV antenna or cable without problems. Except that recently I plugged a second monitor (22 inch Philips) to get a little more comfort when I worked for me and when I plug the network cable TV on my computer, the screen begins to flicker, as If the cable in question was causing interference or I do not know what to do now.

Re: Lenovo W500 Screen flickering

On the front of the screen are several buttons. They can adjust the brightness, contrast and alignment. These three parameters are "standard", but according to the model of your screen, you might have additional functions. Refer to the manual in this case use the monitor. It will likely include tips for best use of these additional features.

Set the refresh rate Once applied the new resolution, click the button "Advanced" (still under the tab "Settings" box "Display Properties").You see then a combo box labeled "Refresh". Try using a frequency greater than or equal to 80 Hz. Failure to stay above 60 Hz This figure represents the number of images that can display the screen in one second. A refresh rate of 75Hz means that the image is refreshed 75 times in one second. Below 60 Hz, one begins to perceive a flicker that increases eyestrain.

You can get rid of this situation by setting the resolution of your screen

• On Windows, do a right-click on the desktop, the "empty" (on screen).
    • A contextual menu appears, click the Settings tab.

The slider at the bottom right ("Screen area") adjusts the resolution. Avoid too high resolutions, which greatly reduce the character size and decrease the refresh rate. Be sure to close all programs running. Otherwise, this manipulation could cause a crash and force you to restart.

I was also getting a similar problem with my LCD screen I changed the frequency of refreshing and nothing changed even though the intensity of flicker varies depending on the rate. By cons in changing the resolution to 640x480 at almost the flickering disappeared. Also I tried to check my graphics card is plugged in, nothing changed. I tried my monitor on another computer and it works perfectly, I also tried another monitor on my computer and it flickers too. The problem lies with windows or drivers for my graphics card, however I just reinstalling.