Thread: Thinkpad T61 Fixing Dead Bios

Thinkpad T61 Fixing Dead Bios

I have a Thinkpad T61 laptop. This laptop is dead and it neither boots up. I think the BIOS is dead. I have desktop system also. I need some help for flashing up the bios of the system. There are some time display on the screen but later on the system goes blank back again. I had never did flashing of BIOS but this time it is really necessary. What can be done here. What points should be considered before doing that.

Re: Thinkpad T61 Fixing Dead Bios

There is a proper link for that. Click on the below link and download the BIOS update utility. There are all intructions provided for the same. You can take out the print for the same and then follow the instructions. You will need to create a bootable disk for the same. But it is necessary to know that which version of BIOS you are using and try to run the update for that version only.
    BIOS Update

The bios is an electronic component mounted on the motherboard, it's actually called ROM memory that contains the basic instructions for the PC to boot up and configure the hardware. Flash memory this means replacing its contents with an image file later or earlier in case of restoration . So first thing you must do is go on the manufacturers site and download the update.

Problem of motherboard can be solved by updating BIOS. Sometimes I had also tried to solve a problem in different ways like updating drivers, changing the IRQ, formatting and reinstalling the operating system, etc but still my system does not detect a hardware. Then I flashed BIOS with a bootable floppy drive and thing worked here. My system is now working fine.

Before updating BIOS you must note down some changes. First the update must support the latest processors with the addition of new choices among the multipliers and frequencies. Second it provide you new added options you can enable or disable. Your BIOS updating must provide you better stability and performance. And it must also improve the compatibility with modern hardware.

To flash the bios, it is obviously necessary to know the make, exact model, the version number of the motherboard and the type of bios. Indeed, the update will download that one depends on these four factors and it must be absolutely certain to take the right file. To identify the brand, it is usually quite simple, it must be written in large letters on the motherboard.