Thread: Thinkpad X100e overheating problem

Thinkpad X100e overheating problem

I have recently bought a new Lenovo Thinkpad x100e installed with Windows 7 on it. The laptop works fine but after sometime the performance of the laptop falls alot. If the laptop is running for about an hour, all the applications open up slowly on the computer. Now I think that it is an overheating issue. So if anybody else is facing Overheating problem with Lenovo X100e then please share some information which might help me in solving the issue. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Thinkpad X100e overheating problem

Windows 7 takes up lot of system resources and may be the cause of the overheating of the laptop. I will suggest that you change the operating system on the laptop to Windows Xp which takes up very less resources as compared to Windows 7. After installing Windows XP, check if the laptop is getting overheated or not.

Some virus's infect the applications which are frequently used by the user. If such a situation occurs, then the virus's create duplicate processes of the application which take up lot of processing power of the CPU resulting in overheating of the CPU. Therefore I will suggest that you get the system scanned and check for all the files which are infected. Repair or quarantine the files which are infected. After repairing all the files which are infected, check the performance of the computer.

Have you checked the cooling fan of the laptop? There is only one cooling fan for the laptop, hence if the cooling fan is not working properly the temperature of the laptop will increase degrading the performance of the computer. Hence check the cooling fan and if it is covered with dust, clean it as dust can block the airflow. Also you can implement additional cooling pads which will help in maintaining the temperature of the laptop.

The performance of the computer can also degrade if many applications are started together. To check if there are any unwanted processes running on the computer, open the task manager and go to processes tab. In the processes tab, terminate all the processes which are running and unwanter. After terminating all the processes which are unwanted. Check the performance of the laptop.

The problem which you are facing is not related to any software but to the processor of the laptop. The Lenovo X100e series is installed with AMD neo series processor which gets overheated. The processor is faster than the intel atoms processor and hence is found any many notebooks. The only drawback of the processor is that it gets heated up very fast. The only solution to your problem is to implement additional cooling solution.

I searched for all the information about AMD neo series and found out that the processor suffers from overheating problem. I guess implementing the cooling pads is the only solution left for keeping the temperature of the laptop low.