Thread: Y430 battery/charger problems - Laptop won't charge

Y430 battery/charger problems - Laptop won't charge

I have a laptop Lenovo Y430 with windows XP and I am having some problem with the battery. I am quiet not able to figure out how instantly the problem appeared. Things were fine before. There was some time battery issue. That means it gets drain out very fast. But now the battery is not working at all. Here charging is not helping from any angle. I want some help here to fix the same. I tried looking around on the web but I cannot find any fix for it.

I had this problem. I was using my system on a ups. It happens sometime th battery face problem due to wrong charging. People are simply over charging their device for long time. So here it is essential that you must take care about charging. To fix that a simple calibration will work. For that just keep the laptop aside until the entire battery is discharged and the charge it back again. If that helps it will help or else you will have to replace the adapter or even change the battery.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

When you connect the charger if there is a light on the laptop then it means the battery is active. But charging issue can be due to various reason. It is good to replace the battery. When this thing happened to me I removed the battery and I was using the laptop directly with power charger. And it was working well. After a long time I was able to find the exact battery which correct specification and this is working well.

Re: Y430 battery/charger problems - Laptop won't charge

I have the same problem with a Toshiba laptop U305. I found that if I plug the battery after plugging the power, the battery charge down. I had changed the biggest electrolytic capacitor on the card. It was a little swollen but it has not solved the problem. I always seek a solution and I wonder if you all have the same symptoms at the battery. Someone please help me to solve my problem.

danielhenry31 Guest

Re: Y430 battery/charger problems - Laptop won't charge

I had also the same problem with my HP laptop some days ago.But I m lucky enough to get its solution.Hope this will also work for you:
    1.Open up your Device Manager
    2.Remove all battery related devices from the Device Manager.
    4.After completing that, right click again and select “Scan for Changes”, which will reinstall the proper services and allow for your laptop to charge again.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 23-06-2010 at 05:51 PM. Reason: External links not allowed, not even in signatures. Removed the same.