Thread: Lenovo Y530 How to create factory restore disks

Lenovo Y530 How to create factory restore disks

Presently I am looking for some information regarding how to make a factory restore disk for my Y530 Lenovo laptop. I am using OKR. But it just let me generate a full backup image of 58GB at maximum compression. I purchased it a couple of months before and I donĀ“t need to backup the same thing back again. This full image file usually consist of all drivers and software's. I want some help here to make it work properly. But I am unable to find any solution for the same.

Re: Lenovo Y530 How to create factory restore disks

You can create the same using Acronis Disk Director Suite or Paragon Partition Manger. Both the tools offer you option to create disk image file. Just try the below things.
    • Get Acronis Disk Director Suite or Paragon Partition Manger,
    • Acronis Disk Director Suite is a complete package which also has a system image maker.
    • Install it and run the same. Choose your Windows Partition and create a Recovery Disk.
    • It is going to copy everything. Drivers, Software's and Windows Update with data in your profile. So you might need to use multiple DVD's. Or you can export a image file and keep that in a pen drive.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Re: Lenovo Y530 How to create factory restore disks

On the Lenovo, there is an icon "OneKey Recovery" to click to make the backup procedure.

Two possibilities:

1. Save the system partition on an image file. In case of system failure, you can restore your system from this image
    2. Create a bootable recovery disk from an existing backup image. The drive can boot your computer and guide you throughout the restoration process

When I choose "create disc" (I want to back on DVD, USB or SD card), I:

Step 1: Select the source image.

=> Select Source => menu, I take "default" (the other is "choose another image")
    => Image path => D: \ Lenovo \ OneKey App \ OneKey Recovery \ backup.wsi

And it is wrong because a window opens and says "there is no image on the site selected, please choose another"

Suddenly no way to access other steps (2. Selection of drive and 3. Creating the disk)
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Depending on your operating system you can create a recovery disk on your own. Like if you are having Windows 7 then it has a option under Advance Recovery to generate a repair disk. You can use that to restore Windows Image file back to the C drive and it will be a quick solution. You can try keeping a backup of all your image files in your pc so that restoration will be easier. I think it is the fastest and easiest way. Always make a recovery after fresh installation. And only install drivers. Nothing else. Later you can add software of your choice.