Thread: W700 wake up from sleep or Hibernate mode

W700 wake up from sleep or Hibernate mode

As the title suggests, I have the problem that lenovo W700 starts up every day at about the same time automatically from hibernation. In the task of planning and there is nothing in it for all devices I have disabled the option in Device Manager. In the event log to find messages that the computer is turned on from sleep mode but will not specify which device or process which is responsible. Wake on LAN is also disabled. What else could it be? Right now I manage myself with complete shutdown of the FE41 but I would like to take back to sleep.

Re: W700 wake up from sleep or Hibernate mode

The principle is always the same. After initialization of the microcontroller and possibly connected ICs ( LCD , I2C EEPROM, etc.) the processor goes into an infinite loop in which the different tasks are processed cyclically. If there is to do nothing but just goes to sleep, the processor. An interrupt wakes him up, the interrupt is executed, and he continued his work in the main loop. This also means that must be released before entering the sleep mode, the respective interrupts and the corresponding interrupt routines must be provided. Otherwise, there are literally a rude awakening or an endless slumber, which can only be ended by a reset.

Actually this is not a sleep mode, it should be mentioned for completeness but. In this mode, all clocks and all modules are active, at least, the one selected by program. In this mode, the CPU is constantly at work, even if it's just a long queue. Waiting costs just as much power as meaningful things Calculate! This will also constantly data from the flash loaded, namely the program which is being executed. The current costs of course, though, the microcontroller by now very little need. At 1 MHz and 3.3V ATmega needs of about 1.2 mA to find the data sheet under "ATmega8 Typical Characteristics".

The operating system of your laptop seems to have got corrupted and hence i would suggest you to first try to get this Operating system and check whether the problem is solved. Otherwise you will have to reinstall the operating system with scratch and then the problem should be solved definitely. Finally if the problem still persists this indicates that there is some sort of hardware failure.

Here, almost all oscillators are stopped. The only exception is the timer 2, which can operate asynchronously with a 32.768 kHz clock crystal. If it is configured, it is when you turn the Power Save Mode active. This mode is one of the most important! Since all the oscillators are stopped, just do the asynchronous modules. With newer AVR-types Timer2 can either continue with the internal oscillator. In that case, it needs no external clock crystal.

The sleep mode is closely connected Ultra low power design. You have many things in mind to avoid costly and consume electricity. For example, are recorded in many devices over long periods of data (data recorder). It is usually relatively little data is recorded in a very long time intervals and stored. In between there is for the microcontroller to do most anything. Then it is not wasting time makes sense in holding patterns. That is much power efficient.

Here bars are all stopped on the IC. BUT! The selected main oscillator continues to run. This costs a little electricity, but has the huge advantage that the CPU after waking up after only six bars is available again. This sounds obvious, but is not,! Just quartz oscillators have ms because of its very high quality (very narrow-band tuned circuit) is a transient of 10 .100! A small eternity. This mode is ideal when a crystal is used and the shortest response times after waking up are needed. Since all clocks are stopped, just do the asynchronous modules.