Thread: IBM Thinkpad T42 wireless problems

IBM Thinkpad T42 wireless problems

I am having an IBM Thinkpad T42 in which because of some reason i have to change the hard drive and i have done the same and also installed the Windows XP to it. But after the installation when i am trying to access internet i am unable to do the same. As the Wireless is not in the Device Manager. So please help me for getting the Wireless back. Thanks in advance.

Re: IBM Thinkpad T42 wireless problems

I think that you might be missing the installation of the Wireless driver which is necessary to run the Wireless. The driver for the installation of the Wireless is in the CD which come up with the laptop when you buy the same. So installed the driver and see whether it is working for you or not. I hope this will work.

Actually i have installed the complete CD driver for the operating system which is also including the Wireless driver also but after the installation of the same i am still getting the same issue which is little annoying for me. Does it means that my Wireless is not working properly. Please guide me regarding the issue of mine.

Then i will suggest you to download the complete driver from the internet and that is to be the latest one. After that uninstall the complete driver and then install the new driver in the computer. And restart the computer. I think this will resolve the issue of your. Perform the same and let me know whether he issue got resolved or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon-Z View Post
    Then i will suggest you to download the complete driver from the internet and that is to be the latest one. After that uninstall the complete driver and then install the new driver in the computer. And restart the computer. I think this will resolve the issue of your. Perform the same and let me know whether he issue got resolved or not.
    I have tried the same and the issue got resolved with the help of the method you have explained. I did the same as you said and the IBM Thinkpad T42 wireless problems got resolved.