Thread: Intel X25-M 160GB SSD Won't Fit in Lenovo T510?

Intel X25-M 160GB SSD Won't Fit in Lenovo T510?

Hello there, I have a Lenovo T510 which has Windows Vista installed on it. The main hard drive of the Lenovo T510 had started giving problems and hence I bought an Intel X25-M SSD drive to replace it but the hard drive is not fitting into the T510 laptop. I am not able to mount the drive in the Main hard drive slot on the laptop. So is there anyway in which I can make the hard drive fit it the main hard drive bay or should I return the hard drive as it is incompatible? Please suggest some solutions. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Intel X25-M 160GB SSD Won't Fit in Lenovo T510?

I am also facing the same problem with the Lenovo T510 laptop. The main hard drive of the laptop is failing and hence I bought a new SSD drive but the new hard drive is not fitting in the main hard drive bay of the laptop. Now after looking at the your problem I think the hard drive is not compatible with the model of the hard drive which we are using.

The Intel SSD drive which you are using is having a small black frame attached above the SATA connector. This black frame which is attached to the SSD drive creates problem in mounting the hard drive in the main hard drive bay of the laptop. Hence you will have to remove the small black frame from the hard drive so that the hard drive fits in the main hard drive bay of the laptop. Alternate solution would be to install a SSD drive which does not have a small black frame attached to it.

All the Lenovo T510 laptops have a small pin connected above the SATA port which creates problem in mounting of the hard drive. Remove the Small pin from the sata port and connect the hard drive. Once the pin above the sata port is removed, you will not face the same problem again. Hope it helps.

Hey thanks for helping out. It was indeed the small pin above the SATA port which was creating problems in mounting the hard drive on the laptop. Now the hard drive is up and working. Thanks for helping out. Now I want to know how to improve the performance of the laptop? Do I need to add some hardware to improve the performance?

I am glad that the solution worked for you. SSD drives reduce the time of access of the system and hence also help in increasing the performance of the laptop. Still you have to increase the system RAM for improving the performance of the laptop. Increase the system RAM and check the performance.