Thread: Wireless on Thinkpad T410 turns off automatically

Wireless on Thinkpad T410 turns off automatically

I just bought a Thinkpad T410 running on Vista. I want to install wireless Internet. The laptop has a integrated wifi support oni t. I had made setup by entering the config panel and then clicking on network connections. I made a right-click Wireless Network Connection then clicked on Connect / Disconnect. A window that opens with Secure Network some thing message. After doing all thing fine my wireless internet connection goes off automatically.

Re: Wireless on Thinkpad T410 turns off automatically

I have the same problem, I went to a hotel and then I entered the code they gave me in the taskbar at the bottom of my PC says there was signal strength which was excellent and after that I could not get connected. No web page open up the roller on the firefox keeps rolling with white screen. I took time to find out some specific solution for hours but nothing is found.

Here is a method for that. Go to the list of wireless networks and then before all things note down the WEP key of Modem. Right click on your wireless network and then choose properties. Now enter in Security and press association at the right on your modem. Here you can choose the security type shared and encryption type as network security key which is your WEP key. Set the key index to 1 and click OK.

I bought a Toshiba A100-763 with vista apparently have the same problem. It showed me connected by my internet drops. My modem is Cegetel inventel DW-B-200-4B 870. The solution after that I found that either to buy a modem or reinstall XP instead of Vista. Try to keep your laptop near your wifi router and then check back. Try ro re-install that once again.

Go in Start and then open Control Panel. In that click on Network connection and simply right Click on wireless network connection. In the window that opens click on Configure the wireless network and on Show all network. Search for your wireless network and select it by clicking over it. Windows will ask you to between WEP or WPA key depending on the configuration of security that you have chosen.

There can be some encryption issue. For that first you will need to enter router to chang the settings. Type 192.168.1.1 in your web browser to access your modem and then provide the login and password. The id admin default and same is the password. Then look into the settings whether it be ace wep wpa is enabled or not. Also I will recommend you disable Wiff.