Thread: Thinkpad T500 2081 CTO Recovery Disks not working

Thinkpad T500 2081 CTO Recovery Disks not working

My brother had purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad T500 2081 CTO a year before. Now he is going for a new one and he gave the same to me. I want to clear up all the stuffs from this laptop and use this for my study work. Now to restore I had inserted the recovery disc. Nothing comes on the screen. I opened up the disc but nothing works there also. Is there a way to fix this out. I am also not aware about the full configuration of this laptop.

Re: Thinkpad T500 2081 CTO Recovery Disks not working

This can be due bad disc. The recovery is damaged and due to that you are not able to get the restoration option. You can do one thing here. I was having a Lenovo laptop who's recovery disc was damaged. And I had contacted the customer care center for the same. They shipped me a new disc and that works well on my system. You can also do the same.

I have a HP laptop which does not come with a recover disc. But there was a system partition in that. There was a recovery manager software provided in the Start menu by which I can created a recovery disc. Look on your start menu that there is any recovery software provided. If yes then arrange a DVD and burn a disc for the same. That partition is your systems image file.

It is correct most of the system which are branded and comes with a official copy of operating system has Windows in them. They have a dedicated partition which offered instant recovery by pressing out some key combination. Look on your system for that. If someone had deleted that partition or removed the software then you might need to contact the hp service center for repair.

Before that are you sure that your laptop's optical drive is working fine. You can check that by adding up a usb optical drive. You can use a usb DVD writer to check that weather your recovery disk is gone or your optical drive. This is a ultraportable laptop with Centrino 2 and a 4 GB RAM expandable. It usually comes with 2GB RAM and 160GB SATA hard drive support. It includes Intel Media Accelerator X4500 chipset.

You can use any other bootable Windows disc to restore your laptop. But one thing you must do is to first collect all the drivers of this laptop. That is available for free on the officail site. Download them and burn the same to a cd. The T500 ThinkPad is a laptop but not an ultra-portable. I had purchased Windows Vista recently and performed a clean installation with that.

I have a similar model. The T500 has a fingerprint reader which saves you from having to enter a password at the opening session of Windows Vista. For the connection with other media, we appreciate his memory card reader, Firewire taking front and the appearance of DisplayPort instead of HDMI. You can enable or disable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi via the button on the front.