Thread: Getting driver power state failure on Lenovo T500.

Getting driver power state failure on Lenovo T500.

I am having my Lenovo T500 series system, and I am facing one problem with this system. If I put my system in the standby mode or in the hibernate mode and then switch it back to normal after ten minutes then I am getting driver power state failure on Lenovo T500 and after that a blue screen of death appears. The problem is I am not able to find out which driver is causing this problem.

Re: Getting driver power state failure on Lenovo T500.

My friend if your are getting blue screen on death then in most of the system a mini dump file is place on the system you are using. You can locate that file at this place. %WINDIR%\Minidump. You can easily decrypt that file through an application that is available for free and its name is "windbg.exe". Using that file you can find out the driver that is causing problem for you.

Well for this problem you can contact customer support of Lenovo, because they are the only one who can provide you the best solution. I am not confident if you are getting this problem after going to hibernate mode and then switching back to normal then there may be fault in the power management. You can use any power management software for you system.

I have a laptop Lenovo T500 on windows 7 and try to run a game, only shortly after the beginning of part I have the blue screen dump physical memory and my computer reboots. I updated my drivers, restore the default settings of bios and try it in Windows compatibility. Do you have any ideas for me? I do not have time to see the precise error on the blue screen, so I will reactivate the error messages to try to get more information.

A small disk cleanup, registry followed by a defragmentation could help you to solve the problem. Then see the amount of virtual memory which should be roughly = 1.5 to 2 times the amount of RAM. I know this will eats disk space, but it need must have your information, how much RAM your machine is having and what graphics card you are having? Try the compatibility mode window 7.

Previously I was also facing the similar problem but I have found the solution for this. You can try the same thing that I have done may be this can help you to solve the problem. I found the problem with the dump screen of physical memory, it is related to RtkHDAud.sys file, I updated that and then my problem is solved now.

I am having IBM Lenovo, I installed Windows 7 and almost every driver, but the problem remains the same that is an unknown device is found and when it tries to find the driver it searches and just stops without installing the drivers for that. I thought that window 7 will not be having any kind of driver problem but, I am facing this issue and now I need the solution for that.