Thread: No 1384 FireWire Driver for Panasonic PV-GS300 Camcorder!

No 1384 FireWire Driver for Panasonic PV-GS300 Camcorder!

I am having the problems with the Panasonic PV-GS300 Camcorder. I have been functioning to get my Panasonic PV-GS300 camcorder working on my computer's 1384 firewire port. I lastly have the camera being predictable by Windows XP, but it insists on installing a driver for it. I have not been able to find one anywhere. Can somebody imply how to get this camcorder working on the firewire port? I need your help to fix this problem.

Re: No 1384 FireWire Driver for Panasonic PV-GS300 Camcorder!

I was having the similar problem. To obtain my DV Camcorder to work using 1384 Firewire on my computer I followed the below mentioned points :
    • Get a high-quality cable. If you paid less than $20 for it, you got an erroneous one.
    • Ensure that the 1384 (firewire) port is enabled on your computer. Go into the BIOS setup and confirm to be sure. Mine was OFF.
    • If you get an error with Windows XP not being able to find your hardware, you necessitate to get all the drivers. There are four or five of them along with a configuration file. Neglect any one and you are dead. My resolution was to reinstall Windows Service Pack 3. This took a long time, but fixed the driver problems.
    S.P.A.M=Stupid Posts And Message

There is a Web camera function - visual communication in real time. After connecting the camera to a PC via a USB cable, there to start Windows Messenger to instantly transform the device into a webcam. That is ideal for teleconferencing over the Internet or to communicate with friends or family. You should also know about the Images MagicPix. This feature is the perfect way to take pictures even in low light. Now you can capture still images in full color on a mini DV tape and retain precious moments as your newborn sleeps or a moonlit sky.

I am feeling strange that the FireWire needs driver. Actually I am also having the same one, and my Windows XP detects it properly. But I had never installed any driver for it. I think that there should be some issue in your FireWire. I would like to recommend you to use some another firewire and then try to use your camcorder. Otherwise uninstall an application that you installed in your system for the camcorder. And after that again do the complete installation. Maybe this will help you.

There are also chances that some files of your operating system are corrupted or missing. So, I would like to recommend you to repair your operating system as the last option and then install an application that came along with your camcorder. Full screen mode produces images evolved to reveal their full beauty on a big screen TV. The recorded image is processed on 16:9 CCD portion, thereby maintaining the same proportions as the TV screen, and this, almost without any degradation of image quality. Some newer models use a 2.7-inch LCD screen which facilitates the framing of your shots in 16:9 format.