Thread: After iTunes 9 upgrade iPod Classic is corrupted and cannot be restored

After iTunes 9 upgrade iPod Classic is corrupted and cannot be restored

I am facing a very weird problem with the iPod classic 80gb which I am using. Recently I updated iTunes on the computer to version 9 and after updating the application, I am not able to sync the iPod. Now whenever the iPod is connected to the iTunes, it tells that the iPod is corrupt and cannot be restored. Does this mean the iPod is faulty? Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: After iTunes 9 upgrade iPod Classic is corrupted and cannot be restored

I am also facing the same problem with the iPod classic and iTunes 9. All was working fine with the earlier version and as soon as the version of iTunes was updated on the computer, it started showing the error that the iPod has got corrupted. Also the iPod cannot be restored. I think there is some problem with iTunes 9 which is making the iPod unresponsive.

Try resetting the iPod and then connect it to the computer. Sometimes the firmware of the iPod gets stuck up in some loop. If such a situation occurs then the system will not detect the iPod or will give some error message related to ipod. To bring the iPod back to working state, reset the iPod. Press and hold the center click and menu button together till the apple logo appears. Release the buttons when the apple logo is visible and let the iPod start. Connect to the computer and then check if you are able to sync the iPod.

I will suggest that you remove the drivers which are installed for the iPod and then connect the iPod to the computer. Sometimes the driver installed for the device do not work properly and such devices do not function with the computer properly. Hence remove the drivers for the iPod and restart the computer. Connect the iPod and let the system detect the iPod and install the required drivers. After drivers are installed, the iPod should function properly.

Get the iPod checked at the authorized apple showroom as there is high probability that the iPod is faulty. The hard drive of the iPod can develop faults due to many read write cycles happening time to time. At the service center they will check if there is any problem with the hard drive of the iPod or not. If the ipod is faulty, you will get it replaced.

Remove the iTUnes 9 version from the computer and install version 8 on the computer. The version 9 of the iTunes is not compatible with iPod classic and hence you are facing such problems while syncing the iPod. I dont think you will face such problems after installing a stable version of iTunes on the computer.

Yeah removing iTunes version 9 from the computer and installing version 8 really helped. iTunes 9.0 was creating some problem with the iPod classic version I was using and hence installing iTunes 8 solved the issue. Now I will not update the iTunes version on the computer. Thanks for all the help provided.