Thread: Pre-order Iphone 4

Pre-order Iphone 4

Hello people, I am really excited with the news of iPhone 4 being launched soon. Currently I am using iPhone 3G which is working great and hence I have lots of expectations from the new iPhone 4. I want some information about pre-ordering the phone as I have never pre-ordered any gadget. First of all should I preorder the phone from Apple or AT&T? and if I pre-order the phone from Apple, will I have to take the phone to AT&T for activation? Will the pre-ordered phone be delivered at my home? Please help.

Re: Pre-order Iphone 4

You can preorder the iPhone4 from the Apple or ATT depending on your preference. The pre-ordered iPhone4 will be shipped to your doorstep at the release date if you have ordered from Apple. I dont have any idea about delivery status of ATT. When the phone is delivered, you will have to be at home for accepting the delivery otherwise the phone will be sent back and you will have to collect it from nearest apple store.

There is no need to take the phone to the ATT for activation. Once you receive the iPhone4, start it and then connect it using the cord to the computer. Start the iTunes and let it detect the iPhone. You will be prompted for activation of the phone. Select the option which says "Existing ATT user" and select next. Enter the required information and click on OK. If all the information is correct, the iPhone will be activated and ready to use.

The iPhone activation can also be done at the AT&T gallery or an Apple store if you are not sure about it. The activation procedure is simple and once done the iPhone is in working state. Also if you pre-order the iPhone from AT&t, the phone will not be shipped at your home instead, you will have to pick it up from the nearest AT&T gallery. Hope the idea is clear

You have mentioned that the activation of the phone will be immediate but now I am using an iPhone 3G which is using the AT&T connection active on it. So wont there be any problem while activating the new iPhone on the same number? Will both the phones work with the same number and subscription? Please help.

No certainly you cannot use one subscription on two cell phones. Once the service is activated on the iPhone 4, the previous phone will no longer have the subscription of AT&T. Activation and deactivation will happen immediately. The cell number will be retained dont worry about that as you are not changing the subscription.

Thanks for sharing all the information. Now I can preorder the phone without a second thought. I have decided to order the phone from the Apple store as I am getting the phone delivered at the home and I can get the phone activated using the iTunes account at home.