Thread: Accidentally deleted files from TomTom One XL

Accidentally deleted files from TomTom One XL

I have got my TomTom One XL day before yesterday and by mistake I have deleted the map from it. Now when I am switching it ON the only message it displays that “No maps found”. It also displays the picture of SD card inserted with cross over it. Can anybody help me to recover the accidentally deleted files from TomTom One XL?

Re: Accidentally deleted files from TomTom One XL

Well you have deleted these maps or the file or they just disappeared from your TomTom One XL. First check what is left on the SD card and you can do that by plugging it to your computer system. If the maps are present on the SD card then the first thing you need to do is to make the copy of that including the system files. After taking the backup clean your SD card and again install everything again.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

It will be better to download the complete system from the official site of TomTom. After downloading you can directly add the map folder and the related contents. Because, if you follow the procedure given in the above reply you may face the problem of lost link. If that does not help you then you have to give your TomTom for repair.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

When I have got my new TomTom then I have connected that to my PC and copy the card. However, it erased my entire data that is present on the SD card; I get the same red X image on the screen. Then I replace that from the place I have bought that and got the replacement for the same. If your TomTom is not working then the best thing you can do is to go for the replacement from the store you have bought that.

I just received my TomTom one xl and I have trying to do my first update. On TomTom home I found myself with the map canary island activated in place of my WERSTERN Europe. I not have erased anything from my camera but this one does not exist when I am using, the unit m indicates "card not found". I have landmarks that application was incomplete for 8.1 8.0. There is a link with the fact that my card is inactive in Europe. As you can understand that I am newbie hope help from you.

All TOMTOM, especially for taking backup with TomTom Home before you do any manipulation or do update. If you look at the contents of your device you will notice that it no longer contains the "map" Western Europe or the map for the desired country, but the thing is that only the operating system, or the satellite image gives the message that "card not found! “
    By cons have you found the presence of your equipment your preferred language?

I have the same problem as you are having and I noticed an SD card inserted GPS does not add capacity with the internal drive. Is this normal?
    I will explain without a map I have 1GB of capacity, and I have replaced it with the new 2 GB SD card.
    So if I understand correctly, the GPS reading is the hard drive or SD card.
    Solution that I have not tested but seem logical:
    Establish a backup of the device without the SD card, then insert the SD and do a restore, I assume that all system files are copied to the SD and it will work. TESTING THEN

I have a similar problem. Not long after I got my One XL I was stupid enough to decide to have a route around in the system files. I believe that I may have deleted a small file somewhere that makes the maps inaccessible. I still appear to have the maps on the system files on the device, but they are not registering as being available. Any ideas where I can get a check list of the files that should be present on the ONe XL so that I can go through and work out what is missing?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKishonti View Post
    I have a similar problem. Not long after I got my One XL I was stupid enough to decide to have a route around in the system files. I believe that I may have deleted a small file somewhere that makes the maps inaccessible. I still appear to have the maps on the system files on the device, but they are not registering as being available. Any ideas where I can get a check list of the files that should be present on the ONe XL so that I can go through and work out what is missing?
    Well, what you can do is download the TomTom HOME NAVIGATOR 6 for Windows from this link and install it in your computer. After that connect your TomTom One XL to the pc and install the latest firmware again to solve the maps issue that you are facing.

Hi Pugsly. Thanks for the reply. Do you mean just do an ordinary update? I tried that and it's still telling me that the maps are unavailable. Do you know if it's possible download the firmware separately, reformat the XL and then just put it on to the blank drive? I have backed it all up on the computer just in case I do anything else stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKishonti View Post
    Hi Pugsly. Thanks for the reply. Do you mean just do an ordinary update? I tried that and it's still telling me that the maps are unavailable. Do you know if it's possible download the firmware separately, reformat the XL and then just put it on to the blank drive? I have backed it all up on the computer just in case I do anything else stupid.
    You can try to backup the complete Explorer of your One XL's contents and then make sure that the hidden files and folders are shown. After that you can use Explorer to remove all the loose files that are presetn in the root of your device and there should be no folders or their contents present. Now, download Navcore 7.166 by searching it on google and then install it and check if the map works fine or not.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"