Thread: iBooks on the iPod Touch 1st gen

iBooks on the iPod Touch 1st gen

I am using the iTouch which is of the First gen. I have gone through the detail which is discussed that the iOS 4 is not compatible with the iTouch 1st Gen. But i wanted to get the iBook application on the iTouch. Bur not sure about it will work on it or not. So if any one knows about the working of the iBook on the iTouch OS 3 then please let me know about it.

Re: iBooks on the iPod Touch 1st gen

No it is not yet possible for the iTouch 1st gen to get the iBook. As this is default application for the iPhone OS 4 which comes with the installation of the iOS 4 so it is not possible for older version of OS to get this iBook working on the same. But it can be possible if the Apple will release the same application for the older version of OS.

I am also little upset with this behavior of the Apple which is ignoring the user of the 1st gen user of the iTouch. When 2nd gen and 3rd gen can use the iPhone OS 4 then why this rude behavior for the 1st gen user. Apple has to take step against this otherwise he will lose the popularity and trust of there product.

Thanks for the reply that you have given me regarding the issue of mine and i have gone through all the detail and like it most. But having one more query about the iOS 4. Which new feature are added to this new iOS 4? Is it also slow like the older OS or it is faster for the multitasking process.

Multitasking become more faster then the older version of the OS. Before you are getting very slow response with the multitasking and also you can't run two application together. But with the new OS you can run multiple application together one running in the Background and another on the Foreground. This is the best feature of the iOS 4.

One more feature which i liked the most is Bluetooth Keyboard feature of the iOS 4. Now with this latest OS you can Pair a keyboard with Bluetooth wireless technology. You can also manage the application or organize the same in folder so that application of same topic will go to same folder. Hope you also like this.

iPod touch can stay connected to Wi-Fi when asleep so you can receive incoming VoIP calls and notifications from compatible third-party apps. With over 100 new features, the iOS 4 Software Update for iPod touch lets you do even more amazing things. You can check out more about it here