Thread: Error 2006 in iPod touch

Error 2006 in iPod touch

Please help in solving this small issue which I am facing with my iPod touch. I have a Dell desktop which has Windows XP on it. I have installed latest version of iTunes on the computer. The problem which I am facing is that I am not able to update the firmware of the ipod. Whenever I start the update procedure, it starts successfully but after sometime it gets terminated and gives an error 2006. I am not able to figure out what exactly the problem is and hence need your help. Thanks in advance.

Re: Error 2006 in iPhone touch

First of all check the cord which you are using to connect the iPod. It is possible that the cord is faulty and hence the iPod is not able to communicate properly with the device. Hence I will suggest that you change the connecting cord and then try to update the firmware of the iPod. Hopefully it will work.

Have you checked the internet connectivity? It is possible that the internet connection is fluctuating and hence the updated procedure is failing. To check the interner connection, click on start and select run. Ping any website you know and check the data packet loss in sent and recieved packets. If there is any data loss ie RTO then your internet connection is faulty due to which the update is failing.

I suspect that your system is infected by some virus which is creating problems while updating the firmware. Download the latest antivirus and install it on the computer. Scan your computer and check for all the files which are corrupted. If any of the file is infected, repair or quarantine the file and then check if the iPod is getting updated or not.

You have mentioned that you have recently updated the version of the iTunes on the computer and I think it is the main reason for not updating the firmware. Remove the iTunes from the computer and delete all the files related to it. Download a stable version of the iTunes and connect the iPod to the computer and see if you can get the phone updated or not.

Re: Error 2006 in iPod touch

Such errors are faced when the USB timing of the device and the computer mismatch. This could happen because of the faulty USB port. Connect the iPod to some other USB port and then see if the same problem exists or not. Hopefully changing the port will solve the problem. You can also try and connect the iPod to some other good known computer.

Re: Error 2006 in iPod touch

Restore mode of the iPod really helped. I thought the iPod had gone bad but restoring the iPod really helped in solving the issue. After restoring the iPod, I also updated the firmware of iPod and now the iTunes does not give the error 2006 while syncing. Thanks for suggesting for restoring the iPod before considering it bad.