Thread: iTouch update Error:1479

iTouch update Error:1479

I am trying to update my iTouch to the firmware 3.1and started getting the Error 1479. I am performing this on the Windows XP running computer. For better performance i have installed the latest version of the iTunes to Perform the same. I have also lots of free memory available on the iTouch. So if possible for any one to recognize the cause of the issue then please provide me the solution for it.

Re: iTouch update Error:1479

I am having the same problem when i was trying to update the iTouch Firmware through the internet. I tried most of the thing but nothing is working for me. So i have finally read an article which is discussed about the Antivirus. I have turn off the antivirus and then tried updating the iTtouch Firmware to 3.1.3 and surprisingly it happened.So advising you to take the same step for performing the same.

I have also gone through the same problem which is not allowing me to update the software of the iTouch. I am here explaining you the things that i have taken regarding my issue. Actually every time when i go for the update it display tow option one is Download and install and another is Download only. I keep getting error every time when i clicked on Download and Install. So this time i have clicked on the Download only and did not get any error message and installed successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I have also gone through the same problem which is not allowing me to update the software of the iTouch. I am here explaining you the things that i have taken regarding my issue. Actually every time when i go for the update it display tow option one is Download and install and another is Download only. I keep getting error every time when i clicked on Download and Install. So this time i have clicked on the Download only and did not get any error message and installed successfully.
    I have tried this but this is not working for me. If possible then provide me some working trick to get rid of the issue.

If you are unable to update then this might be because of the corrupt firmware which is not able to download. In that case i will advise you to reset the iTouch of yours and the try to update the Firmware. To reset the iTouch just Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button till you get the Slider. Slide to turn off the iTouch. Again press and hold same button till the Apple Screen appears. This will reset the iTouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    If you are unable to update then this might be because of the corrupt firmware which is not able to download. In that case i will advise you to reset the iTouch of yours and the try to update the Firmware. To reset the iTouch just Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button till you get the Slider. Slide to turn off the iTouch. Again press and hold same button till the Apple Screen appears. This will reset the iTouch.
    I have tried this also but let me tell you that this is also not working for me. If possible then let me know some more solution regarding the issue of mine.

In that case i will advise you to discuss the problem of your iTouch to the Apple. As they are the manufacturer of the iTouch they might be aware of the issue which you are getting. So if you contact them they will advise you the best they can. So go ahead and contact the Apple on their Forum and get the solution of your issue.