Thread: Connecting iPod touch to Windows

Connecting iPod touch to Windows

Hello people, I have recently bought an Apple iPod touch 16gb. I have desktop computer which is installed with Windows XP on it. I want to sync movies and songs to the iPod touch and hence I want to know How to connect the iPod touch to Windows? I am new to this gadget and hence need your help in this. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Connecting iPod touch to Windows

To connect the iPod to the computer, you will have to use the connecting cord provided with it. Connect the iPod to the computer using the connecting cord. It will get detected as the mass storage device. Copy all the data which you want to copy on the ipod and then disconnect it from the computer. Now start the iPod and see if the music and videos can be played on the iPod or not.

You will not be able to connect the iPod and transfer the music from the computer directly. For adding songs and video on the iPod you will have to download and install the application known as iTunes. After installing itunes, add all songs and videos to the iPod library and sync it with iPod. This only way to transfer data on the iPod.

Hey thanks for replying to the post really fast. As suggested I downloaded the itunes and connected the iPod to the computer but it shows that the iPod is in MAC format and hence cannot add music to it using a Windows operating system. Is there any way in which the Mac formatted iPod can be used on the Windows operating system?

Connect the iPod to the computer and then let the iTunes detect the iPod when the iTunes detects the iPod, click on the icon of iPod and then click on Restore button. Let the procedure complete. After restoring the iPod, check if all the functions of the iPod are working. If the iPod is working properly, connect the iPod to the computer and then you will be able to add files to the iPod.

Yes restoring the iPod using iTunes really helped. As suggested I connected the iPod to the computer and then let the iTunes detect it. When the iPod got detected, I restored the iPod and now the iPod is working fine as before. I think it is due to the initial format in which the iPod is formatted. Thanks for suggesting the solution.