Thread: Panasonic Toughbook is behind the real time.

Panasonic Toughbook is behind the real time.

I have recently bought this Panasonic Toughbook CF30, and I am using winfast navigator software on it. First I thought that it was working fine but suddenly I realize that the GPS is running 12 seconds behind the realtime. First I do not know whether it is a problem or just a mistake in the setting of GPS. Whatever may be the reason I want to know why Panasonic Toughbook is behind the real time?

Re: Panasonic Toughbook is behind the real time.

Well it is just the setting mistake you have done nothing else, there is no need to worry about it. You have reconfigured the setting for you GPS and all the things will come back to normal. I am saying this because I was also facing the similar kind of issue but after reconfiguring the problem has been solved.

The interest of such material semi-rugged is the ability to operate in a sustainable manner even if the vehicle is shaken by corrugated iron and 45 ° and the dust covered the cockpit is provided with it for the better security. Using a standard PC cannot be recommended while the vehicle is moving; the risk of destroying the hard disk is too large. And even tidy and off, a classical computer has a constitution often too fragile, which can lead to broken welds or connectors. The components of materials such as GPS are often encapsulated in resin.

I have tested the model it has 512 MB of Ram, which will be sufficient to make the mapping with Ozi. The hard drive is removable in one second through a hatch, very light (of interest to better withstand shock and vibration), and it is 60 GB: enough for even a satellite photo. The test is performed on a machine with Windows XP.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

The machine is actually usable position "tablet", the touch screen is quite specific and reacts well, but I have seen better in terms of speed: impossible to sign, for example. In this case, it is not essential to use the Sahara.

The overall rapidity of the machine is good but a bit disappointing in terms of processor. It a bit faster than Summicom already tested, yet has a 400Mhz Celeron processor like, but it is true that the model we tried was richly endowed in memory.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

The hard drive seems quite slow, but it is understandable that the priority of the manufacturer was not the response time, but the strength. This may be inconsistent. In any case, it seems important to give this machine the maximum RAM, both to limit access to the HDD (which is never good on a computer shaken on the track) and to improve general responsiveness.

The equipment is connected to a GPS Furuno GP-30 by a serial cable, bulkier but more reliable than a USB connection, which has always a tendency to become disconnected with the movements of the car. In addition, a serial is extremely basic, which is a guarantee of reliability. I met a challenge by cons is that it should distribute the NMEA data from GPS to both software, so I used a program that does this, sold quite expensive