Thread: Tomtom one locks up and keep restarting

Tomtom one locks up and keep restarting

I bought a TOMTOM one few months ago and now TOMTOM GPS create issue since it restarted itself and no longer recognizes GPS signal. I turn, choose the destination and a few seconds after it restarts. I do the updates, let him plug in overnight to recharge it on the PC, done a reset, but nothing . Would you help me. Thanks in advance.

Re: Tomtom one locks up and keep restarting

Firstly, if you have not yet installed the TomTom HOME for the installation of your product, you can download from tomtom website. Then:
    1. Make a backup of your TomTom as TomTom Home application by selecting the "backup and restore> SAVE"
    2. Click on the menu pages 2''Delete''elements in TomTom Home and then remove the application by checking the box on the right of the line and then clicking "Remove items"
    3. Then return to the main menu page 1 and click "update my go" will be offered an application, select only that they then turn to date. Home Download a new aplications and then install it on your device.
    4. Switch off your device and then unplug it, once unplugged from your computer please turn it on.

If the problem persists do not hesitate to contact the customer service of tomtom. They are very professional and normally your TomTom is guaranteed for 2 years. You can find the tomtom hotline number from the website or user manual. I also had the same problem, but now resolved.

When the Tomtom is off, this one is not stopped, but it is in hibernation. Hibernation is a source of power consumption between 5 and 10 mAh. If your TomTom has a battery of 1100 mAh (Tomtom One New Edition), the standby time is extended by about 7-8 days.If no battery charge is made after this time, the battery is cut to 5-10% of its capacity to protect themselves. To turn off (almost) completely Tomtom: support on the stop button → unit goes to sleep → Pressing Reset: the device is off.

Leaving the TomTom connected to AC all day does not raise the charge controller cutting it when the battery is charged, but doing this every day can be detrimental in the long term because since the battery n 'makes no charge discharge cycle optimal. We hope that this answers your question.If you have questions or suggestions, please let us know. Since it works connected to Tomtom Home you should take the opportunity to make an update the latest application version for the One v1 is v 7162. this will resolve your problems may be.

Please connect your TomTom to your computer and close the TomTom Home application: please right-click on this icon in your TomTom taskbar. Then go into My Computer. Make sure to show hidden files and folders (Tools> Folder Options> View> Show hidden files and folder).
    1 . Close TomTom Home application completely, including your Windows toolbar (bottom right next to the statement of the time), make a right-click the program icon and select ' 'Quit''
    2 . Delete the file in the folder Navcore:
    C: \ Documents and Settings \ <username> \ Application Data \ TomTom \ HOME \ Profiles \ <random string> \ extensions \
    3. Start Tomtom Home .
    We hope that this answers your question.
    If you have questions or suggestions, please let us know.