Thread: No GPS Signal in TomTom One XL all of a sudden

No GPS Signal in TomTom One XL all of a sudden

For three days TomTom One XL have started malfunctioning which is just six months old. On the screen the message 'lost GPS signal from X time appears' or it says "no valid GPS signal". As you approach roundabouts it credited back to two bars of reception, then exited the roundabout re-curtain. I had purchased this TomTom One XL in 2000 $. But this is screwing my nuts since there are No GPS Signal in TomTom One XL all of a sudden. Don't know how to go about this. Can anybody help me please tell me how to fix this issue.

Re: No GPS Signal in TomTom One XL all of a sudden

I would suggest you to that after you connected the device in and go to TomTom Home in order to check for new updates and get the whole thing that is accessible till the device itself says loaded and done, before you disconnect try going up to the top left of the monitor where it says "DEVICE", click on that then click on disconnect, Have a glance at the foot of your TomTom screen and see if you can see (on mine) it's a yellow line that moves diagonally through the screen, Your downloading is completed now and hence you will get a screen that Say's ok to disconnect the device. Try this trick and see if you accept satellites more rapidly and things work better.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I gave been using TomTom ONE XL device since last few months always in the same car and in the identical way. I never had any troubles, until one day it started jumping off into the field near to the main road or losing signal on and moreover a clear tree-less highway and taking perpetually to get it back. I do not think that it was associated to an update, but I may be wrong. An update seemed to have enhanced the circumstances for a little while (again, it may just be a observation), but currently it is back to being quite not viable.

I just want to clarify that it seems that when the TomTom is connected via USB cable it recharges continuously (slowly of course). I made a Shift before yesterday dead battery (it flashed over), he turned back once connected to PC (battery charging icon visible) and everything went well. I even made a backup thereafter (20 min). Do I take it that I had a bowl. Love to you soon.

Then navigon arrived, and several people around me did work. I gather information on several sites / forums. I try all possible manipulations and existing. At the end I concluded that my GPS chip had a problem. I called apple care, they ask me several questions, then I send my iphone. The guarantee was well works and they admit that the iphone had a problem so in my opinion, there must be a series of iphone 3g 8gb which has been poorly designed.

my personal test for several days because I was enormously difficult to have a GPS signal, and to keep it. then after all sorts of trick, in fact everything that can be read left to right, I finally managed to resolve the problem, by first, a full reset of my 3g, navigon reinstalling, then I 've found that it worked fairly well, but I still had too much signal loss, so I disabled the 3g to Edge, WiFi is confirmed the access on it!

my personal test for several days because I was enormously difficult to have a GPS signal, and to keep it. then after all sorts of trick, in fact everything that can be read left to right, I finally managed to resolve the problem, by first, a full reset of my 3g, navigon reinstalling, then I 've found that it worked fairly well, but I still had too much signal loss, so I disabled the 3g to Edge, WiFi is confirmed the access on it!

I forgot to tell you, the GPS chip that equips the iphone is a very good chip, celli is not involved (in fact some of his team tomtom gps with new thereof) is involved in ceques the iPhone is the GPS antenna, which is poorly conceived, too small and insufficiently sensitive, or that if you want a good signal, you must put your iPhone on or near the windshield, and in the non-athermal.