Thread: Is the Logitech Harmony 1100 compatible with X10 systems out of the box?

Is the Logitech Harmony 1100 compatible with X10 systems out of the box?

I have bought up an Logitech Harmony 1100 with which i have got to work with the X10 system after i have checked that it is in the list of the compatibility of the Logitech. Also i have added it to the remote successfully without having any issue. But when i am trying to use a simple task of it it is not responding and i have not yet got the solution for the same. So if any one is having the knowledge about the same then please let me know about it. Thank you.

Re: Is the Logitech Harmony 1100 compatible with X10 systems out of the box?

The Logitech Harmony 1100 is based on the RF signal that is the required to work with the same. But when it comes to the X10 system that you are using is having the IR543 unit which is used for sending and receiving signal. So this might be little upsetting that your product is not compatible with the Logitech Harmony 1100.

I am not agree with the Lampard as i have also heard and know about it that the Logitech Harmony 1100 is compatible with the X10 unit also compatible with the RF. So it is not true about the same. There might some of the issue with the system which is not allowing the connection between then. I will find the solution for same.

Yes i am also agree with the Regina i have also check all over and could not found any documentation where it is written about the same which you are talking about. The simple reply for this is that the Logitech harmony 1100 is not compatible with the X10 system so it is not worth to buy the above combination which you have bought.

I have also checked the same on the Logitech Harmony 1100 official site but let me tell you that i did not got any of the issue like the same that you are talking about. If you are having the link of the same then please forward me the same so that we can also check the same and can go through the same if possible.

I think i have taken it in wrong way and made a mistake. Actually i have got some info about the same on the Amazon which is like "One of the biggest features added in the Harmony 1100 over the 1000 is the support for RF (Radio Frequency) based control instead of just standard IR (Infra-Red) based control." So i think i might have ask the Logitech before buying the same.

Yes you are right about the term that you have got on the Amazon but make it sure that the Amazon is not the official site of the product of which you are using so they will not discuss all the truth about it. So it is better to ask about any of the problem, query directly to Logitech. Now i will advise you to contact the Logitech and discuss the same.