Thread: HP Laptop screen divided into 6 small parts

HP Laptop screen divided into 6 small parts

I am facing a very weird problem with the laptop which I am using. I have a HP pavilion DV2000 laptop which has Windows 7 installed on it. Recently when I turned on the laptop, I found out that the screen of the laptop was divided into 6 smaller parts. Hence I want to know if anybody else is facing similar problems with the HP laptop? If yes then please share the solution for the problem. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: HP Laptop screen divided into 6 small parts

The which you are using is new and hence it will be covered with 1 year warranty of HP. Take the laptop to the authorized service center of HP and get it checked thoroughly. If there is any fault with the laptop it will be serviced for free if the laptop is under warranty and if there is no physical damage involved with it.

Try clearing the static charge from the laptop and then see if the same problem persists or not. Static charge gets stored on the laptop near the motherboard. If the static charge reaches the threshold level, it will make certain devices, not to work properly. To clear the static charge, shut down the laptop and remove the battery. Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds. Release the button and replace the battery. See if the problem is solved.

The drivers for the display adapter must not be working properly due to which you are facing such problems. Go to device manager and highlight the display adapter installed on the computer. If there are caution signs, follow the troubleshooting procedure and see if it helps. You can also try and update the drivers installed on the laptop.

Thanks for replying to the post really fast. I tried your suggetions but nothing seems to work. Updating the drivers and clearing the static charge did not solve the problem. The display screen is still divided in 6 parts. Is there any alternate solution for the problem? Will I have to replace the display of the laptop? Please help

The graphics card on the laptop must be getting over heated due to which the display of the laptop is suffering. Therefore I would suggest that you check the temperature of the GPU and get it replaced if found faulty. Also check if the fan is working properly or not. Clean the cooling fan if it is covered by dust

Re: HP Laptop screen divided into 8 small parts

Hi All, My son dopped his HP 7000 onto the floor off his bed, fracturing the 15.4 inch screen into pretty fractals... !! so being a caring father I hooked up the lappy to a external montor to check all was still well other than the screen which it was. I ordered a new screen 70 quid and a friend fitted it (while i played coffee maker ). At the moment of truth we booted up the lappy but found we had 8 versions of boot screen tiled across the screen, same when it booted into windows. We fitted the external monitor and got just the normal display. So we are now scratching our heads trying to figure out what is going on,,,,,,We have re-stripped and re-assembled machine after all connections have proved intact, but still the same as above.

We have gone in a done a Bios Default set
    We have un-plugged the Bios Battery for 2 mins
    We have unplugged the Hard drive and re-booted

All to no avail.....Anyone solved a similar problem ???
    Many thanks in advance...

The Womble

It seems that the device is having some internal short circuit problem which is causing the issue with the same. It is better to contact the HP service center regarding the issue and ask them to fix the issue. If you are not expert then i will not recommend you to work with the device. Contact HP and ask them to fix the issue.

i just wana thank Gavisht for ur idea it just worked for me on pavillion d2500 removing the static charge am a man from Africa u j hust give me some good $ man bt i d u have problems does i always to remove the battery if there any permanent solution

Quote Originally Posted by kumenger View Post
    i just wana thank Gavisht for ur idea it just worked for me on pavillion d2500 removing the static charge am a man from Africa u j hust give me some good $ man bt i d u have problems does i always to remove the battery if there any permanent solution
    Well, I cannot understand what your problem is, so try to be as clear as possible for getting proper reply to your question. In the meanwhile, you can try the below steps and check some troubleshooting:
    • Power OFF the laptop
    • Remove the battery
    • Unplug AC
    • Press and hold Power ON button for 30 secs. at least
    • Put back the battery
    • Plug back AC
    • Power ON as normal