Thread: Control Center of Logitech Z 5500 on the Subwoofer

Control Center of Logitech Z 5500 on the Subwoofer

I have bought a brand new Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speaker System and i have a small difficulty in placing it. Actually as per the given notices about the strong magnets in Subwoofer, I have placed it enough far away from the Television but the problem is that the cord for connecting Control Center and the Subwoofer is so terribly short.

Re: Control Center of Logitech Z 5500 on the Subwoofer

Cable problem while buying any surround sound system is very much common which makes it very much difficult to setup the whole system according to your TV's surroundings. I guess almost everybody needs to buy some extra cables for connecting their system's peripherals. I guess you should buy a 5 meters long optical cable to connect Control Center and me Consoles through a digital switch box.

I have an another option for you by which you can connect your subwoofer with the control center. You should buy a DSub extension cable for link the Sound Center and Subwoofer. But this would be risk to do as there is a warning given for not to use an extension cable to link Sound Center and the Subwoofer.

I do not think that it is possible to extend control pod cable, actually you can do it but it would void your warranty and it might also happen that you damage your system by mistake. Simplest way to solve your problem is to place the control pod on the subwoofer. The subwoofer does not need to be placed in the center of the room. In fact it sounds better if placed on one side wall or a corner.

I do not have much idea about the functionality of your sound system but i think the best way to setup an any sound system such as 5.1 or a 7.1 surround system is to have a look at its photo. And if i am not wrong then in many pictures, manufacturer itself sets the Control Center over the subwoofer.
    So i think you should not waste your time in searching the proper place for placing it.