Thread: Import contacts on my windows mobile via csv file

Import contacts on my windows mobile via csv file

Hello Friends, I am having a query which is regarding the importing of the CSV file. I am using the Windows Mobile and want to import contacts on my windows mobile via csv file but unable to make the same. So if any one is having idea about the Import contacts on Windows mobile then please let me know about it. Thanks in advance.

Re: Import contacts on my windows mobile via csv file

There is one utility tool which is very nice tools developed for the Windows Mobile that perform all the functionality of the Windows Mobile. You can also import the contact windows mobile via csv file with this tools. The one which i am talking about is known as the PIM BACKUP. So give try to this tools and you will like it.

Hey thanks for the quick response. I have downloaded the application that you have discussed about but let me tell you that it is not possible for me to use it properly. As i am new for this tools so if possible then explain me the method to use this "PIM BACKUP tools". I need to make this contact conversion urgently.

As per your request here i am explaining the some of the step that will be useful for achieving the importing of the contact to Windows Mobile via CSV file format.
    1. Install PIM Backup
    2. Convert contact in CSV format
    3. Rename the CSV file to the .csc extension
    4. Now Zip the file
    5. Rename the ZIP file (Contact.zip to Contact.pib
    6. Copy file to your windows mobile
    7. Restore using PIM Backup

I am having a solution for your problem which is easy and simple. All you have to do is to install the Outlook to your computer and after that just import the file i.e. csv file to contact. Now connect the phone to computer and synchronize. This will help you for the import contacts on my windows mobile via csv file.

Thanks to all for the response of the question which i have asked. And all the replies are appreciated. But i am having one more query i.e. What if i will not use the Outlook and import the csv file which is in my windows mobile phone? Is it possible? If possible then let me know about the same so that i can achieve that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gajanand View Post
    Thanks to all for the response of the question which i have asked. And all the replies are appreciated. But i am having one more query i.e. What if i will not use the Outlook and import the csv file which is in my windows mobile phone? Is it possible? If possible then let me know about the same so that i can achieve that too.
    As per your query let me tell you that this feature is not yet assigned in the Windows Mobile so it is next to impossible to perform the same.