Thread: Windows Mobile 6.1 - How to disable Password Caching on Internet Browser

Windows Mobile 6.1 - How to disable Password Caching on Internet Browser

I am having an issue and i need to resolve that issue with the help of this forum. Actually i am using the Windows Mobile 6.1 and my problem is related to the same. When i browse on the internet browser on my device the password got save. So i wanted to disable Password Caching on Internet Browser but having no idea about it. A help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows Mobile 6.1 - How to disable Password Caching on Internet Browser

As per your explanation about your issue it seems to have the issue of the registry. A little change in the registry will disable the password caching in the Internet Browser. So just go to the registry and change the DisablePasswordCaching = DWORD = 1 will help you for the same as you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    As per your explanation about your issue it seems to have the issue of the registry. A little change in the registry will disable the password caching in the Internet Browser. So just go to the registry and change the DisablePasswordCaching = DWORD = 1 will help you for the same as you are looking for.
    I have tried as you have said but after performing the complete thing i have got no success in disabling the password caching in the internet browser. Help me with more of solution.

I think there might be some step missing in the process which is not allowing the changes that you have made. Repeat "DisablePasswordCaching = DWORD = 1" process once again and after achieving the same just clear the temp files, cookies and history and in the end of the same reset you device and try again. but make sure that you have taken the complete back of your device before resetting the phone.

As per my knowledge this is the known issue in the Windows Mobile phone and can not be solved with the help of any changes as it is not yet updated by the Microsoft. This causes the issue not only with the webpages only also affect the network passwords. Thats all i know about this topic. Hope you like it.

I am having the same issue and after trying lots of the things like clearing of the cache and history but no success. Finally i come to know that this feature is not yet supported by the Windows Mobile. So i gave up. I am still looking for the solution for the same if found will let you know about the solution. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambard View Post
    I am having the same issue and after trying lots of the things like clearing of the cache and history but no success. Finally i come to know that this feature is not yet supported by the Windows Mobile. So i gave up. I am still looking for the solution for the same if found will let you know about the solution. Thanks.
    First of all thanks for all the help that you have given me in response to the problem of mine after going through all the discussion I have come to know that this is not yet possible for the Windows Mobile to disable the Password caching of internet browser.